2nd Letter stage - advice please!

mree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I'm currently trying to clain back £458 in charges from Lloyds TSB. I wrote to them requesting they repay this amount, and got the standard 'our charges are for a service and are legal blah blah' letter. On Monday I wrote to them advising them I would be taking them to court for repayment of charges, and offered to accept £300 in full and final settlement if paid within 14 days. Has anyone gone down this route for a similar amount with LTSB, and what response did you get?

Bottom line is, I probably won't take them to court - not because I don't think I would win, but I simply haven't got time! I'm a student nurse (which is a full-time job in itself, we don't get all the lovely time off that non-nursing students get!) and also work 16 hours a week to pay the rent, no way have I got the time that would be needed to properly prepare to take them to court. A bit defeatist I know, but getting through uni is the most important thing to me, and I literally have no free time :(

Ooh, no, didn't know I could! What does that entail? Amazed I've not picked up on that route, considering the amount of time I spend on this site!

considering the amount of time I spend on this site!

In that case you should do it yourself! Told you I wouldn't recommend the FOS that often.

To be honest the sum you are talking about - it will be very straightforward (drawn out I would admit) to reclaim this yourself