Service

Celtic Tiger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody tell me what they would expect to pay for a 60,000 mile full service on a 6 yr old car that has no problems. My reason for asking is that I want to establish a consensus of opinion which will negate the opportunity of claiming the validity of what I have been charged. Then, I can take the matter further.

Please support this site!

Any advice or opinions given by me are so given in the belief that they are totally my personal opinion and should not be construed as sound legal advice. If in doubt, employ a suitably insured professional and hope to GOD that they know what they are talking about.:cool:

I am about to start the process against the following:

Abbey,(MBNA) Citi, Debenhams (GE Capital) HSBC, Mint, (RBOS) Virgin (MBNA)

Thanks,

2 litre VVTi Toyota Rav 4.

X reg.

Please support this site!

Any advice or opinions given by me are so given in the belief that they are totally my personal opinion and should not be construed as sound legal advice. If in doubt, employ a suitably insured professional and hope to GOD that they know what they are talking about.:cool:

I am about to start the process against the following:

Abbey,(MBNA) Citi, Debenhams (GE Capital) HSBC, Mint, (RBOS) Virgin (MBNA)

It will also depend on what the service schedule is for that particular model. Do you have the owners handbook for the car? It should be listed there. Failing that, you could contact a local Toyota dealer and see if they will let you have a copy of the schedule. You could also ask them what the service would cost through them to give you a baseline.

• 1 month later...

Full service on my Volvo 850 T5 1995 £150 That's from a garage in Weston-super-Mare - First rate honest company I've been with for years. They only charged me £49.50 for a tyre rated at 150 mph half of what I would have paid at most of the local tyre fitting sharks.

Look around and get some quotes it's always better to do that than pay out loads of money to a second quality rip off merchant.

Depends on the service shedule and who did the work. Typically a main (franchised) dealer will charge anything from £65.00 to £95.00 per hour. A 60,000 service is usually (with no extras) about 1.5 hours (you can get the exact time allowed if serviced at a main dealer, from Toyota directly, ring their customer service department and ask and then check against your invoice)

Then you have the parts, typically oil filterm air filter, spark plugs, oil, fuel filter.

Was the cambelt changed? that would add HUNDREDS!

If you want to PM me, with a complete breakdown of charges I would happily look over them for you.

I consult to the motor industry - and Toyota are one of our customers!

Regards

Mark