Lloyds filed defence

khronus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have started court proceedings against Lloyds TSB and have today recieved a defence from their solicitors. I was hopeing I would win by default doe to lack of response but this is notthecase. What has been happening to others in this situation ? Do the file a defence and then pay up anyway? What happens next?

Many thanks

K

I'm in the same boat. You'll receive your court allocation questionnaire, return this along with payment then the court will set a date. So far people have then received settlement before it comes to court.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have started court proceedings against Lloyds TSB and have today recieved a defence from their solicitors. I was hopeing I would win by default doe to lack of response but this is notthecase. What has been happening to others in this situation ? Do the file a defence and then pay up anyway? What happens next?

What was their defence?

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

The defence I received was their standard. (Search defence on the website - several people have made postings). It is weak and just clarifies that you are a customer, you knew the terms and conditions, you didn't adhere to them etc etc blah blah blah

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey folks, I have recieved a court allocation form and was wondering about thesection regarding giving a 'stay' period...a furhtur month so that settlement can occur out of court. I dont want to give another month as i've already given them enough chance but will my case be frowned upon by not giving them a chance ? What has been the general way ahead for this bit ?

Many thanks

K

Generally speaking khronus, your response should be:

No,

No,

N/A

:)

It's obviously entirely down to you, but giving the bank an extra month just means it'll be even longer before you get your money back.

If I were you, I'd return the Allocation Questionnaire ASAP. The court will then set a date - on the balance of evidence we've seen so far, it'll be between then and now that you recieve a letter from Lloyd's solicitors offering you full and fnial settlement. Usually, this has conditions attached - and again, it's entirely down to you, but you would be perfectly within your rights to reply to the solicitors saying 'I accept the final settlement of this claim but get stuffed on your other conditions'.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm in the same boat, so I called the court. I was advised that the judge has a massive back log (cause by people taking action against their banks!) and to call back in a couple of weeks if I didn't hear anything.

Might be worth putting a call into your court just to set your mind at rest.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

It usually takes a week or two for the court to get back to you with a date. Lloyds do like to delay, so may be worth giving their solicitors a tinkle and informing them you've returned the AQ - perhaps mentioning you're aware they have settled a lot of other cases before it comes to court...

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.