Prelim Letter Sent but Statutory Interest Claimed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent the prelim letter but I have claimed for the statutory interest @ 8%. I realise that this can only be paid at the discretion of the court and am bothered that the bank will mess me around. Will they just ignore this part of the letter or will they disregard the entire letter?

Guest Pinkerton

If in doubt, just send another letter taking the 8% out and stating you only put it in the last letter for information purposes. You werent claiming that yet, but would be if it ends up being filed in court. Just reiterate claim for charges only. Send recorded. That way they cant deny having had it. Good luck.

... Send recorded. That way they cant deny having had it...

Better still, DON'T send it recorded. Send it with a FREE certificate of postage available at any post office.

Although proof of postage is not required for court purposes, having documentary evidence seems to help both claimant and defendant.

Recorded delivery is very often not actually signed for, especially if sent to large financial institutions such as banks, as they receive sack-loads of mail each day.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I done exactly the same thing before i found this site. Never affected my claim in anyway, in fact i got a settlement offer just last week..

Recorded delivery letters are not getting signed for, only special deliveries, approx £4 something...

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Just reading through the LBA and see that it says about not having heard anything from the bank in the first line. I assume that I can ammend that to say that I am not happy with the timeline they have proposed - or words to that effect?

Yes, just amend the template to suit - gives them another 14 days to comply with your request. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.