SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pam I too agree with you in that the court made a mistake in that they allowed the creditor undue enrichment despite their agreement being unlawful. the fact that you had paid the money willingly is not really relevant......if it was we would not be able to recover past penalty charges.........We need to see such claims going higher up the food chain

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pam I too agree with you in that the court made a mistake in that they allowed the creditor undue enrichment despite their agreement being unlawful. the fact that you had paid the money willingly is not really relevant......if it was we would not be able to recover past penalty charges.........We need to see such claims going higher up the food chain

And, you haven't really paid them voluntarily - you have paid them because they threatened legal action/default action etc if you do not pay!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I am right in thinking that if a creditor supplies a copy of an agreement within the time period, but no statement of account and no terms and conditions that were relevant at the time and you report them to TS etc that you do have acknowledge that a debt is there?

Otherwise this could be construed as fraud, couldn't it?

I have an application form sent to me and then another document which is the agreement, no terms and no statement of account.

What happens if they apply for a court order now to enforce it? Does a Jusge HAVE to prosecute them for their criminality?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

And, you haven't really paid them voluntarily - you have paid them because they threatened legal action/default action etc if you do not pay!

Well in my particular case I had not paid them for a while and nothing whilst they were demanding money from me. The account was not passed to a DCA - it was Paragon Personal Finance (need I say more?). The only payments made where those via DD whilst I was paying normally at full rate.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi JonCris

I did appeal the initial decision and this was then heard by a circuit judge but he upheld the judgment.

I pleaded a full case on unjust enrichment/profit by wrongdoing/mistake of law/fact and the purpose of the CCA but all to no avail.

To be honest, I think the county court had little or no experience of this type of claim and were basing their reasoning more on contract law in general than on the specific subject.

In the first instance, PPF tried to get my claim struck out as they said that I could not claim under mistake of law. I wiped the grin off their faces by citing the HL Kleinwort Benson judgment that proved them wrong. Neither their solicitor or the judge had heard of this judgment and had to go and look it up! :D

Penelope Wilson won by taking her claim higher - I just wish I could have done the same. By the way, she is a serial CCA agreement challenger - I'm sure I've seen at least 3 different claims by her (all won!).

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Well in my particular case I had not paid them for a while and nothing whilst they were demanding money from me. The account was not passed to a DCA - it was Paragon Personal Finance (need I say more?). The only payments made where those via DD whilst I was paying normally at full rate.

Regards, Pam

I understand, but what I am saying is that if you get a document through the post saying, please pay this, it normally will say that if you don't pay, they will default you and commence legal proceedings against you - therefore, you haven't necessarily paid voluntarily!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Penelope Wilson won by taking her claim higher - I just wish I could have done the same. By the way, she is a serial CCA agreement challenger - I'm sure I've seen at least 3 different claims by her (all won!).

Any idea where we can find a reference to her claims?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I understand, but what I am saying is that if you get a document through the post saying, please pay this, it normally will say that if you don't pay, they will default you and commence legal proceedings against you - therefore, you haven't necessarily paid voluntarily!!

Hi

Yes I agree, but in my case I was not getting bills/statements etc. It was just being taken from my bank account monthly by DD.

My argument in court was that I may have paid 'voluntarily' but that was BEFORE I realised that I had no legal obligation to do so and that therefore I had paid under a mistake of law/fact. The court's response was that the agreement was still valid (not unlawful, just unenforceable) and therefore there was no mistake - just no enforcement action could be taken if I hadn't paid!

Wrong, wrong, wrong in my opinion but that was the judgment! :mad:

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

also, if they cannot provide the signed agreement then they would have to pay back all of the money you have already paid them yeah ?

let me try this again. can anyone 'prove' they have to repay money aready paid. it very pertinant to AA v JB Debtcollection agency.

thanks.....:mad:

Hi

Yes I agree, but in my case I was not getting bills/statements etc. It was just being taken from my bank account monthly by DD.

My argument in court was that I may have paid 'voluntarily' but that was BEFORE I realised that I had no legal obligation to do so and that therefore I had paid under a mistake of law/fact. The court's response was that the agreement was still valid (not unlawful, just unenforceable) and therefore there was no mistake - just no enforcement action could be taken if I hadn't paid!

Wrong, wrong, wrong in my opinion but that was the judgment! :mad:

Regards, Pam

Oh I see, that is really bad - I agree with you. If the agreement was unenforcable then they have collected money through deception, surely?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

My charges claims:

Default removals:

If the agreement was unenforcable then they have collected money through deception, surely?

Well that would be hard to prove because even they did not know the circumstances surrounding the agreement. They had bought Universal Credit Ltd and this agreement had been made with them.

Regards, Pam

let me try this again. can anyone 'prove' they have to repay money aready paid. it very pertinant to AA v JB Debtcollection agency.

Hi and welcome to CAG :)

No, we cannot as yet prove anything because we do not know of any legal precedent that supports this. However, if the DCA cannot provide a copy agreement then the argument is that they cannot prove a debt even exists and should not have demanded the money in the first place.

Regards, Pam

Yes Pam pity you didn't go further with the courts peverse decision........I keep saying this but when a member has an argument that is detailed or complicated then I think other members should attend...........1st as they will be asked to identify their interest it will show support...............but also show the court that the claimant is a member of a large consumer group & the judge risks any such judgement being challenged

No, we cannot as yet prove anything because we do not know of any legal precedent that supports this. However, if the DCA cannot provide a copy agreement then the argument is that they cannot prove a debt even exists and should not have demanded the money in the first place.

Regards, Pam

OOPS!! sorry!! Double post!

Correct pam.........It's a matter of Common Law. If I unwittingly make payments to you I'm entitled to recover them when I realise my mistake....You can't keep someones money just because they made a mistake by paying you

Unless your called Paragon Personal Finance, it would seem! :mad:

But I forgot to mention, I had the last laugh as I made a new claim on a different aspect of the agreement (no 2nd copy of cancellation notice) and they paid up in full! (pity I didn't see the significance of this in the beginning).

They had already spent several grand employing expensive London lawyers to defend at the previous 3 hearings and so I got my own back on them for their underhand and harassing attempts at debt collection! :D

Regards, Pam

Regards, Pam

thanks pam for your reply.

i intend to take JB debt Collection Services to small claims court to recover £400.00 paid by a vulnerable couple. i now have power of attorney to represent them, so wish me luck. i have spoken to Trading Standards and they are pursuing non compliance of providing assignment/proof etc, via their various departments. it could be interesting to post my journey to its conclusion. interestingly CAB feel the money is unrecoverable:-( ...we will see.

alan.

Unless your called Paragon Personal Finance, it would seem! :mad:

But I forgot to mention, I had the last laugh as I made a new claim on a different aspect of the agreement (no 2nd copy of cancellation notice) and they paid up in full! (pity I didn't see the significance of this in the beginning).

They had already spent several grand employing expensive London lawyers to defend at the previous 3 hearings and so I got my own back on them for their underhand and harassing attempts at debt collection! :D

Regards, Pam

I'm sorry Pam, have I missed something? 2nd copy of the cancellation notice?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

thanks pam for your reply.

i intend to take JB debt Collection Services to small claims court to recover £400.00 paid by a vulnerable couple. i now have power of attorney to represent them, so wish me luck. i have spoken to Trading Standards and they are pursuing non compliance of providing assignment/proof etc, via their various departments. it could be interesting to post my journey to its conclusion. interestingly CAB feel the money is unrecoverable:-( ...we will see.

alan.

Yes, the best of luck Alan and keep us updated - we may be able to help. :)

Regards, Pam

I'm sorry Pam, have I missed something? 2nd copy of the cancellation notice?

For a cancellable agreement there should be a statement of your cancellation rights in the agreement and a copy should be given to you at the time of signing. Then within 7 days the creditor should either send you a second copy of the agreement containing a cancellation notice telling you how you can cancel, or a separate notice (depending on where agreement was signed).

You then have 5 further days from receipt of this notice in which to cancel. I stated to PPF that since I had not yet (after 11 years :D) received this 2nd notice then my 5 days grace had not even begun - so I wrote and cancelled!!

Good one eh? :lol:

Regards, Pam