Hello all - moving in a month, how will it affect my statement request?

dave554
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Found this site when I got fed up with charges from the abbey the other day (a total of £300 though I was in total no more than £10 over my overdraft on two occasions during the month - individual transaction 79p - £3.50) so remembering an article did a bit of investigating and I'm now going to pursue a claim against them for all charges I've paid over the last 6 years (they've stung me a few times).

Anyway with regards to requesting the statements - initially Abbey said I had to order them over the phone or in branch (which I couldn't due to being overdrawn so by charging me £10 they'd add another £30 and their customer service staff didn't even warn me of that until I queried it!!) and they told me it would take up to 6 weeks!! Doesn't it have to be no more than 40 days? They also refused to provide me with an address to write to and send a cheque but I found one myself from register of addresses (I found the link in the motley fool article which sent me here)...

However I will be moving house in the next month or so and was wondering if that will affect anything? I planned to send the statement request letter in the next day or two but obviosuly it will have my current address on though I probably won't be here by the time they get round to sending the information.

I intend to change my address immediately with them but should I just wait until the statements arrive? My old post will be forwarded on to me for about a month after I move - and then change my address.

Thanks for all the help and information on this site by the way :)

Well, if you're forwarding your post, it shouldn't be a problem, but I wonder: Is it wise to embark upon this right now, as you've got the move and everything else to get on with?

Let's face it, 40 days for SAR, more if they drag their feet (and it's Abbey - they will), then prelim 14 days, then LBA 14 days, then MCOL...

The law won't change overnight. Maybe you should wait until you've sorted your move etc... then start on the charges reclaim once you've settled? Just a thought.:)

Hi I'm new to the site and like others have been charged loads for being overdrawn etc, We're moving to Canada in the next couple of months and wondered how we would go about claiming our charges back,should we just go ahead and try? By the time the abbey answer we'll be in Canada(hopefully) so what do we do??would be grateful for any suggestions.

ria

Thanks for the advice! I won't change my address until I have the statements - I've heard abbey delay as much as they can and they certainly haven't made it easy to find the address to send my statement request too!

Luckily I'm only moving round the corner as well and the place is all nicely decorated so it should be a fairly easy move!

Thanks again!

Just wondering by the way what does SAR (the statements, right?), LBA and MCOL stand for? I've only started reading about all this the past few days so I'm not up on all these abbreviations yet! I expect I'll be on here quite a bit in the coming months so I'll find probably be all too familiar with them soon enough!