Welshcakes -v- Barclays DPA Breach Claim

welshcakes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah, I am on the vodka.

Course, it's alright for you Saintly, you can hangover-hibernate for weeks on end now.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I know ... unfortunatly hubby off next week so i doubt i will get a lie in for the next week ....... its a case of if he is up then the rest of the house is up

I actually overslept for work ....... thought i had hit the snooze button but hit the OFF woke up 10 mins before i should of started work :o

Today I received 7 1/2 yrs worth of copy statements sent by Woolwich Openplan Customer Contact Centre, Clacton on Sea.

I haven't received the second cheque for my updated costs however as it was agreed in writing from BLT, I'm sure a nudge email will get that through especially as I will still Strike Out Defence on Friday if they don't respond by return.

I've decided to SAR for the pre-6yr now as it looks [on face of it] to be worth around £6,000 inc 8% APR.

Not Discontinuance on this claim until my second cheque for a mere £34 comes through... but it's the equivalent of July's gas & electricity costs so I'm hanging out for it!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received the second and final cheque representing my costs from Barclays - only a total of approx £60 as I agreed to cap it at this when they first agreed to settle out of court a month ago.

Whilst it is a paltry amount, it does demonstrate that taking a bank to court for non-compliance with the DPA (ie not sending data within 40 day limit) does work.

DPA breach claims are unaffected by the OFT TC as the law is already in place obliging banks/mortgage companies etc to comply, so I urge you all to go ahead and make lodge you claim on day 42. At the very least, you can charge costs which are legitimate and they will be honoured by Barclays/awarded by the court.

B's are coming up to deadline for my pre-6 yr statements and as I did not mention bank charges in my SAR, they have no grounds to argue against supplying. So looks like I'll soon be lodging my second breach claim against them :)

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :