Please Help, Im getting scared!

Phh Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have not posted on here before but have been reading for a few months. I now feel the need for some trusty advice and guidance as im a bit stuck and worried.

Basically i started a claim through money claim online against HSBC for just over £1000 worth of bank charges which were mainly due to overdraft charges. They defended the claim and my local county court sent me a Judgement Order for a schedule of the charges that had been taken from my account, i sent this to the court and to HSBC, two weeks later i have recieved a Notice of hearing for an Allocation / Directions Hearing on the 11th July for a ten minute hearing.

My questions are:

- What do i do from here?

- Will HSBC go to court?

- Do i need a solicitor?

- What happens if i dont go, will i be fined or anything?

- If i go and loose do i have to pay anything?

- What is the latest i can pull out of the hearing?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated, i know you have probable answered them all before. I have trailed through alot of threads looking for answers.

Rachel

pull out lol - no pulling out - you have paid your fees and you wont lose hsbc wont turn up in court.

now things for you to do nudge dg solicitors telling them of the court date and you would prefer to settle blah blah a letter for this can be found in latties thread here (a schedule needs to be sent with the letter)

also start looking at the court bundle on your letter from the court they would have asked for this 14 days before the court hearing probably so you need to action this very soon take a look at this thread by lattie and start sorting the court bundle

the bundle and letters to dg should be sent via recorded delivery the court bundle is about 200 pages long and this needs to be done in triplicate 1 for you 1 for dg and 1 for the court.

if you need any more help with this im sure lattie or a mod will help you - they know alot more than me and can help in ways i cant.

pull out lol - no pulling out - you have paid your fees and you wont lose hsbc wont turn up in court.

now things for you to do nudge dg solicitors telling them of the court date and you would prefer to settle blah blah a letter for this can be found in latties thread here (a schedule needs to be sent with the letter)

also start looking at the court bundle on your letter from the court they would have asked for this 14 days before the court hearing probably so you need to action this very soon take a look at this thread by lattie and start sorting the court bundle

the bundle and letters to dg should be sent via recorded delivery the court bundle is about 200 pages long and this needs to be done in triplicate 1 for you 1 for dg and 1 for the court.

if you need any more help with this im sure lattie or a mod will help you - they know alot more than me and can help in ways i cant.

Thanks alot!! I have now sent my first nudge letter. The court never asked me for anything 14 days before hand, i just got the notice of hearing but im working on this now to send in ASAP.

before you do ring the courts and ask them if it is needed and when its required for submission get it in a few days before the date they require it.

Ok i will ring them now and ask the question! :confused:

I have called them and they said i dont need to take anything other than what i have submitted already to the court which has only been the schedule of charges and the claim through MCOL. They said this is just for the judge to make a decision and he said it is likely it wont even get to court?!

There are a few of these directions about at the moment, I think the District Judge is just seeing if DG will show up, if they dont I would think its likley he/she will strike out their defence.

DG will make you an offer before your court date but in the unlikely event they dont I would take your correspondence and a copy of your schedule to scribble on in case your judge wants to chat about your claim but I doubt you will be with the judge long at all.

Have a read of the end of this thread, this is the only person I know who has been to court, the judge asked if he had any trouble parking and wrote a strike out order against DG

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/56051-nooey-hsbc-court.html?highlight=nooey

pete

Thanks castlebest i have read that and got me a bit more motivated for the hearing. I sent a nudge to DG on the 18th June and heard nothing back as yet, when should i send another one?

Nudge every 10 days. You can always give them a ring nearer to your court date and just ask if they will be attending and tell them that you will see them there! It might just do the trick. Either way they will pay up in the end!:)

Guest ConsumersRevenge

i bet you £10 even the worlds local bank is not so local to turn up at the court.

DG?

they thrive on delaying you as much as possible to put you off.

They will pay up, they always do.

There has even been tales of the full settlement letter being shown to a customer just a few weeks into the claim.... its just a game of chicken!

chin up PB... you are at the last hurdle :-D

Still no reply to my nudges and i have sent two! One week today till court case, i am getting bit scared now, really hope they dont turn up! If they do i will die! :confused:

If they do i will die! :confused:

no you will not, you will win! ;)

It is very likely your offer will be very soon.

And very unlikely they will turn up in court.

Being prepared will calm your nerves a bit, go over the arguments. You are in the right, HSBC are in the wrong... they have taken this money from you unlawfully.

stick in there PB... we are rooting for you!

Crusher :-D

Thanks, i am going to start pulling all my bits together over the next week so i am prepared for the worst. I feel like iv just blagged my was through it all up to now, what happens if i dont know what to say in court or dont have the correct info. Is there a link i can look at to check i have the right stuff to take along?

Hiya Phh, I've only ever seen one person who actualy went to court, the Judge asked him 3 questions.

1. Did you have troubble parking (true)
  2. Have you heard from DG
  3. Has this cost you anything

The Judge then ruled in his favour... he won

Do a search for Nooey

pete

Hi, I'm new to posting but have been reading the site for a while. I've made a claim against HSBC for £440. No response. I took them to court and claimed £490 (inclusive of the £50 moneyclaim fee) and they offered me £420.

I turned it down, telling them that had they responded promptly I wouldn't have taken it to court and wouldn't have incurred the £50 court fee.

Next I hear I have a `Notice of Transfer of Proceedings' to my local court. Do I need to respond to this and will I hear separately of a date or should I contact the Court?

The bit about filling in an allocation questionnaire has been crossed out - does that mean I don't need to fill it in?

As you can tell I'm getting scared now and think I should have accepted their initial offer of £420

HELP!!!!

Never guess what..........got in last night to a letter from DG offering a full refund, wooooohhhhooooooo!!! Of course i am going to accept and not go to court, stress over!!!