• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mcuth v RBoS ***WON***

mcuth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, got my ink cartridge this morning, so here's my next letter - it includes a one-time offer, just cos I feel the season of goodwill coming up :D

Dear Mr McLean

CURRENT ACCOUNT NUMBER XXXXXXXX : SORT CODE XX-XX-XX

Your ref: XXXX

Thank you for your letter of 21st November 2006, received last Thusday.

As you are no doubt aware from our previous correspondence, the amount in dispute is £2,711.38 (being £2,470.00 in charges, plus £241.38 in overdraft interest) and I am claiming Contractual Interest, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in our contract, at RBoS’ unauthorised borrowing rate of 29.84%. The Contractual Interest element at today’s date is £14,967.76. The grand total of the above is £17,679.13 and once again, for your information I have enclosed schedules of these charges & interest calculations.

Whilst I appreciate your offer of £2,711.00 credited to the above account in full & final settlement of this action, once again, regretfully I cannot accept it on the terms that you have outlined. I would, however, be prepared to accept it as a partial settlement, on an unconditional basis and paid directly to me by cheque.

Immediate full & final settlement of this action can be achieved in either of the following ways:

i) A cheque for £17,679.13 being issued directly to me; or

ii) An offset repayment of my other indebtedness to RBoS – with written confirmation of the same & closure statements from yourselves & Westcot Credit:

Loan account XX-XX-XX/XXXXXXXX – £5,461.17 (confirmed by Westcot on 23/10/06)

Credit card account XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - £1,226.31 (confirmed by Westcot on 23/10/06)

This would result in a cheque being issued directly to me in the sum of £11,582.45 (being £17,679.13 minus £5,461.17 minus £1,226.31 plus £590.80, the current balance of account XX-XX-XX/XXXXXXXX)

However, as a one-time gesture of goodwill on my part to show that I am reasonable, flexible and willing to settle this matter without the need for court action, at this time I am prepared to agree to a reduction on the amounts shown in the above scenarios:

i) I would be willing to accept a cheque for £14,500 in full & final settlement

ii) After the repayment offset with the same confirmations as above, a cheque for £7,500 in full & final settlement

To enable you to fully reconsider my claim, I am prepared to allow an extension to previous timescales and will give you until Wednesday 6th December 2006. At this deadline, the offer above shall expire, and I shall begin a County Court claim against RBoS without further notice for the full amount, plus accrued interest at time of issue, plus my costs.

Yours sincerely,

{mcuth}

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing received from RBoS - am just preparing my PoC so I can go issue an N1 - likely tomorrow. Already got some 70+ pages attached in statements & charge schedules :D

BTW Peter, I wouldn't hold your breath awaiting the outcome - you're likely to turn blue waaaay earlier than there'll be a settlement :D Am fully prepared for the long haul on this one!

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Hi mcuth,

Have you a link to how you work out the contractual compound interest the previous link is not working, i will use this on my next claim.

Paul.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul

Have you a link to how you work out the contractual compound interest the previous link is not working, i will use this on my next claim.

I used Mindzai's excellent spreadsheet - he's currently on v1.8, but the link changes when he updates it. Best following the link in his sig, which you can view from his profile page :)

HTH

Cheers

Michael

Well, here we go then, I've just been down to the court to get the following submitted....

Here's what I put in the N1:

"Brief details of claim"

The Claimant seeks the return of penalty charges and overdraft interest charged thereon, debited to the Claimant's bank account by the Defendant, and interest on these amounts as defined by the contract between the parties.

"Value"

Penalty charges in the sum of £2,470.00 and overdraft interest charged thereon in the sum of £241.38. Interest to be determined as the Court deems just, as per section 10 of the attached Particulars of Claim, with the maximum to not exceed £15,184.30. A maximum total of £17,895.68

Plus any applicable Court fees.

Plus interest from date of issue to date of judgement or earlier payment at a maximum rate of £2.22 per day or at such rate and for such periods as the Court deems just, according to section 10 of the attached Particulars of Claim.

Here are the PoC, in case anyone wants to use them later - they're printed on separate pages, and accompany the N1. Thanks to Bong & the big claim, which provided a lot of the basis for this :) :

IN THE SWINDON COUNTY COURT

IN THE CASE BETWEEN:

{mcuth}

CLAIMANT

- and -

The Royal Bank of Scotland PLC

DEFENDANT

Particulars of Claim

1. The Claimant has a Royalties Current Account, number XXXXXXXX (“the Account”), opened at the Defendant’s XXXXXXXXX branch (sort code XX-XX-XX) on or around XXth XXXXXXXX XXXX

2. The Account is governed by the Defendant’s Personal Banking Terms and Conditions (“the contract”)

3. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant has debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract in regards to “Card Misuse”, “Unpaid Items”, “Referral Charge”, etc.. on the part of the Claimant and also charged overdraft interest on the charges once applied.

4. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

5. A schedule of the charges and overdraft interest applied is attached to these particulars of claim (Appendix 1), with copies of the 38 statement pages that itemise the charges and interest charged thereon.

6. The claimant will rely on the Competition Commission’s report entitled “Northern Irish Personal Banking,” published on 20th October, 2006, as evidence that the Defendant is aware that the income derived from its default charges is calculated to generate material profits and is not merely a means of recouping losses incurred in relation to account defaults

7. The claimant will further rely on the Office of Fair Trading’s (“the OFT”) statement of 5th April 2006 concerning default charges in credit card contracts, as the OFT’s recommendations regarding standard default terms in credit card contracts have wider implications, as regards bank current account agreements.

8. The Claimant thus contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account:

i) are punitive in nature;

ii) are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant;

iii) exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract

on the part of the Claimant;

iv) are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly

enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges

with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

c) In the alternative to a) & b) above, if the Court finds that the charges are not a penalty, then the Claimant contends that they are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

9. The Limitation Act 1980

a) The Claimant seeks permission to proceed with the claim under section 32 (1)(b) Limitation Act 1980 on the grounds that the Claimant could not reasonably have discovered the Defendant’s deliberate concealment of the facts relevant to the Claimant’s right of action before the OFT’s report was published on 5th April 2006. The facts relevant to the Claimant’s right of action are that the Defendant is unjustly enriched by exercising the contractual terms in respect of default charges with a view to profit. If the Defendant has elected to present its charges as if they were a legitimate loss or cost, whilst it is in actual fact profiting in a material sense from the charges, the Defendant can be seen to have been operating without accountability to its customers, and to have consciously concealed the facts. The Defendant is clearly in a privileged position to have a direct means of withdrawing monies from the Claimant’s bank account. The Claimant is entitled to know whether the charges paid represent a justifiable business cost, or whether they are in fact a penalty, and to expect that the Defendant will always conduct itself with integrity.

b) In the alternative, the Claimant seeks permission to proceed with the claim under s.32 (1)© Limitation Act 1980 on the grounds that the payments were conceded on the mistaken presumption that the said charges and interest thereon did not amount to penalties - Kleinwort Benson Ltd v Lincoln City Council [1999] 2 AC 349 - and that the claimant would not reasonably have discovered the said mistakes before the report of the OFT was published on 5th April, 2006.

10. Contractual Interest

a) The Claimant claims compound interest on the amounts claimed under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, using the rate and method specified in the said contract, and as is applied by the Defendant to monies it is owed.

b) The Claimant’s grounds for seeking restitution of the compounded contractual rate of interest is that the Defendant would be unjustly enriched if the Claimant's entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the Defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercial compounded rates.

c) The Claimant contends that the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account is deemed as unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant. Therefore, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, in the first instance the Claimant has calculated compound interest at the Defendant’s current unauthorised borrowing rate advertised by the Defendant’s website, being 29.84% EAR. The Claimant understands that the unauthorised borrowing rate at the time of opening the account was actually over 33%, but believes that using the current rate gives a fair result.

d) In the alternative to c), should the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account not be deemed to be unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant, then, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, the Claimant has calculated compound interest at the Defendant’s lowest current authorised borrowing rate for a Royalties account, advertised by the Defendant’s website, being 15.00% EAR.

e) In the alternative to c) and d), if the Court decides that the Claimant is not entitled to the contractual rate of interest under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, then the Claimant has calculated interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year

f) Schedules of interest calculated and are attached to these Particulars of Claim as follows:

Appendix 2 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 29.84%

Appendix 3 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 15.00%

Appendix 4 – Simple interest as per s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at an annual rate

of 8.00%

Appendix 5 – Print of the Defendant’s website showing the current borrowing rates

(relevant paragraphs marked with an asterisk on pp2&3)

11. Accordingly, the claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited between 21st January, 1999 and 14th December, 2006 in respect of charges in the sum of £2470.00, together with overdraft interest charged thereon in the sum of £241.38 – totalling £2,711.38

b) Any applicable Court fees

c) Compound interest at the contractual rate of 29.84% EAR from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006 of £15,184.30, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £2.22

d) In the alternative to c), compound interest at the contractual rate of 15.00% EAR from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006 of £14,269.06, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £1.11

e) In the alternative to c) and d), interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year, from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006, of £1,551.15 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.59

Statement of Truth

Dated this 14th December, 2006

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars of claim are true.

Signed:

{mcuth}

Claimant

Wooo-hooo!

Cheers

Michael

excellent mcuth - but then you wouldn't expect me to say anything else really would you?:D

will be following your progress - did you see matheos' natwest defence in today to her 1990 claim?

Hmmmph - I just noticed a problem in one of the formulae to work out the 15%, which brings that section down considerably. Since the claim isn't issued, and it doesn't affect the N1, hopefully should be able to chat with the court in the morning to pull the old PoC & change the spreadsheet printouts :o

Bong - having a look at matheos' defence later :)

Cheers

Michael

Ok, N1 stays the same as:

"Brief details of claim"

The Claimant seeks the return of penalty charges and overdraft interest charged thereon, debited to the Claimant's bank account by the Defendant, and interest on these amounts as defined by the contract between the parties.

"Value"

Penalty charges in the sum of £2,470.00 and overdraft interest charged thereon in the sum of £241.38. Interest to be determined as the Court deems just, as per section 10 of the attached Particulars of Claim, with the maximum to not exceed £15,184.30. A maximum total of £17,895.68

Plus any applicable Court fees.

Plus interest from date of issue to date of judgement or earlier payment at a maximum rate of £2.22 per day or at such rate and for such periods as the Court deems just, according to section 10 of the attached Particulars of Claim.

But I've redone my spreadsheet (brings the 15% alternative down from £14,269.06 to £4,741.77) and took advantage of adding a couple of things into the PoC - here's the revised copy:

IN THE SWINDON COUNTY COURT

BETWEEN:

{mcuth}

CLAIMANT

- and -

The Royal Bank of Scotland PLC

DEFENDANT

Particulars of Claim

1. The Claimant has a Royalties Current Account, number XXXXXXXX (“the Account”), opened at the Defendant’s XXXXXXX branch (sort code XX-XX-XX) on or around XXth XXXXXXXX XXXX

2. The Account is governed by the Defendant’s Personal Banking Terms and Conditions (“the contract”)

3. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant has debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract in regards to “Card Misuse”, “Unpaid Items”, “Referral Charge”, etc.. on the part of the Claimant and also charged overdraft interest on the charges once applied.

4. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

5. A schedule of the charges and overdraft interest applied is attached to these particulars of claim (Appendix 1), with copies of the 38 statement pages that itemise the charges and interest charged thereon.

6. The Claimant will rely on the Competition Commission’s report entitled “Northern Irish Personal Banking,” published on 20th October, 2006, as evidence that the Defendant is aware that the income derived from its default charges is calculated to generate material profits and is not merely a means of recouping losses incurred in relation to Account defaults

7. The Claimant will further rely on the Office of Fair Trading’s (“the OFT”) statement of 5th April 2006 concerning default charges in credit card contracts, as the OFT’s recommendations regarding standard default terms in credit card contracts have wider implications, as regards bank current Account agreements.

8. The Claimant thus contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account:

i) are punitive in nature;

ii) are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant;

iii) exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract

on the part of the Claimant;

iv) are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly

enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges

with a view to profit.

b) Further to 8.a), the charges debited to the Account are penalties rather than liquidated damages. A charge is held to be a penalty if the sum stipulated for is extravagant and unconscionable in amount in comparison to the greatest loss that could conceivably be proved to have followed from the breach. A penalty clause is void in its entirety and unenforceable.

c) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

d) In the alternative to 8.a), b) and c), if the Court finds that the charges are not a penalty, then the Claimant contends that they are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

9. The Limitation Act 1980

a) The Claimant seeks permission to proceed with the claim under section 32 (1)(b) Limitation Act 1980 on the grounds that the Claimant could not reasonably have discovered the Defendant’s deliberate concealment of the facts relevant to the Claimant’s right of action before the OFT’s report was published on 5th April 2006. The facts relevant to the Claimant’s right of action are that the Defendant is unjustly enriched by exercising the contractual terms in respect of default charges with a view to profit. If the Defendant has elected to present its charges as if they were a legitimate loss or cost, whilst it is in actual fact profiting in a material sense from the charges, the Defendant can be seen to have been operating without Accountability to its customers, and to have consciously concealed the facts. The Defendant is clearly in a privileged position to have a direct means of withdrawing monies from the Claimant’s bank Account. The Claimant is entitled to know whether the charges paid represent a justifiable business cost, or whether they are in fact a penalty, and to expect that the Defendant will always conduct itself with integrity.

b) In the alternative to 9.a), the Claimant seeks permission to proceed with the claim under s.32 (1)© Limitation Act 1980 on the grounds that the payments were conceded on the mistaken presumption that the said charges and interest thereon did not amount to penalties - Kleinwort Benson Ltd v Lincoln City Council [1999] 2 AC 349 - and that the Claimant would not reasonably have discovered the said mistakes before the report of the OFT was published on 5th April, 2006.

10. Contractual Interest

a) The Claimant claims compound interest on the amounts claimed under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, using the rate and method specified in the said contract, and as is applied by the Defendant to monies it is owed.

b) The Claimant’s grounds for seeking restitution of the compounded contractual rate of interest is that the Defendant would be unjustly enriched if the Claimant's entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the Defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercial compounded rates.

c) The Claimant contends that the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account is unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant. Therefore, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, in the first instance the Claimant has calculated compound interest at the Defendant’s current unauthorised borrowing rate advertised by the Defendant’s website, being 29.84% EAR. The Claimant understands that the unauthorised borrowing rate at the time of opening the Account was actually over 33%, but believes that using the current rate gives a fair result.

d) In the alternative to 10.c), should the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account not be deemed to be unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant, then, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, the Claimant has calculated compound interest at the Defendant’s lowest current authorised borrowing rate for a Royalties Account, advertised by the Defendant’s website, being 15.00% EAR.

e) In the alternative to 10.c) and d), if the Court decides that the Claimant is not entitled to the contractual rate of interest under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, then the Claimant has calculated interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year

f) Details of interest calculated & rates used are attached to these Particulars of Claim as follows:

Appendix 2 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 29.84%

Appendix 3 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 15.00%

Appendix 4 – Simple interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at an annual rate

of 8.00%

Appendix 5 – Print of the Defendant’s website showing the current borrowing rates

(relevant paragraphs are marked with asterisks on pp2&3)

11. Accordingly, the Claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited between 21st January, 1999 and 14th December, 2006 in respect of charges in the sum of £2470.00, together with overdraft interest charged thereon in the sum of £241.38 – totalling £2,711.38

b) Any applicable Court fees

c) Compound interest at the contractual rate of 29.84% EAR from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006 of £15,184.30, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £2.22

d) In the alternative to 11.c), compound interest at the contractual rate of 15.00% EAR from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006 of £4,741.77, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £1.11

e) In the alternative to 11.c) and d), interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year, from the date of each transaction to 14th December 2006, of £1,551.15 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.59

12. Save payments into and/or determined by the Court, any sums paid in settlement of this claim are required to be made by cheque, which should be made payable to the Claimant.

Statement of Truth

Dated this 14th December, 2006

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars of claim are true.

Signed:

{mcuth}

Claimant

Let's hope the court will be able to sort it in the morning :)

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Helen :)

Rang the court this morning & although they'd issued the claim this morning (my remission claim must've been accepted) & given it a claim number, they hadn't yet put it "on the system". They accepted me substituting the old PoC & Appendix 3 with my new PoC & Appendix 3 - bring it on :)

BTW Mr McLean, if you're watching - this is what happens when you don't respond to my rather generous offers ;)

Cheers

Michael

I Will be watching this.

Really WIZARD stuff, Michael.

Hey, Tommy - this guy sure plays a mean pinball !! :lol:

Dont he just lol

RBoS have failed to comply with my CCA request and as today they are now committing a criminal offence - not sure how I am going to tackle this one but am awaiting for a call from my local trading standrads hehehe

I Will be watching this.

Really WIZARD stuff, Michael.

Hey, Tommy - this guy sure plays a mean pinball !! :lol:

*GROAN* :lol:

Thanks Bill - I think I'm lining all my little ducks up in a row ready for the New Year :D

Helen - only thing I'm doing with s77/78 CCA is not paying them anymore & reporting them to TS, can't be bothered with doing any more :D

Cheers

Michael

Excellent POC Michael I think i will have to borrow it ;)

Thanks & you're welcome to :D

Just a quick question I thought that RBS auth borrowing rate was 16.9%

Depends on what type of account you have, and the amounts involved (see here) - my account is/was a Royalties one. So that the judge can see I'm being fair in my calculations (i.e. to take account of rate & balance changes over the years), I chose the lowest applicable curent rate for a Royalties account:

Royalties spacer.gif + £5,000 1.17 15.00

£1,000 - £4,999 1.29 16.60 Below £1,000 1.32 17.00

:)

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Michael, I am going to stick with the 16.9% let battle commence over to you Tommy.

Where do you get the 16.9% from BTW?

Such a shame that Tommy won't get to see the claims across his desk after all his letters (though he never replied to my last one), what with him being in Scotland and all that :D

Cheers

Michael

Thats the rate my branch quoted me, Is it incorrect. I thought Tommy would get a site when they request all the Information from him. Anyway Tommy Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year, no not for you for your dissatisfied customers. :D

Thats the rate my branch quoted me, Is it incorrect.

Dunno whether it's incorrect or not mate, I just can't see a 16.9% on the RBoS rates & charges page :confused:

I thought Tommy would get a site when they request all the Information from him. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year, no not for you for your dissatisfied customers. :D

I should imagine that they'd just look on their system for previous communications and go off whatever notes he's left :)

(LOL @ the greeting :D)

Cheers

Michael

Bowed to your Knowledge mate and amended to 15%,

I'd print that page out too - think their rates are changing in the new year.

Thinking of phoning Bolton branch and asking why they quoted me 16.9%. Customer care my arse.

:D

As of todays date my compounded total is £22,293.26. :D

[THUD] :eek:

Cheers

Michael