• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

*mango* v Lloyds

*mango*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

helo every1....i was recomended by someone to visit this forum...it looks very helpful...:)

I want to claim my bank charges back from LL tsb....right now it stand for about £1000, ive asked for my charge statements...& there here..

BUT now what do i do?

can someone briefly care to explain how the procedure may be? just a short one?:oops: ...i dnt know much about law & policies....& i have tried to find guides on this forum....but was unable to find strict guides from the begining....:oops:

Some1 pls help me out.....what do i do with the statements now?.....& whats the procedure?..whats the next step for me?

PLEASE :)

*i am waiting for your help*:)

helo every1....i was recomended by someone to visit this forum...it looks very helpful...:)

I want to claim my bank charges back from LL tsb....right now it stand for about £1000, ive asked for my charge statements...& there here..

BUT now what do i do?

can someone briefly care to explain how the procedure may be? just a short one?:oops: ...i dnt know much about law & policies....& i have tried to find guides on this forum....but was unable to find strict guides from the begining....:oops:

Some1 pls help me out.....what do i do with the statements now?.....& whats the procedure?..whats the next step for me?

PLEASE :)

*i am waiting for your help*:)

Hello and welcome :D

What you need to do is read the FAQs and the step by step instructions linked in my signature. These will guide you through the process.

You need to complete a schedule of charges using the link here the send the prelim letter here

thank you so much for replying

so the next step is sending a prelim letter? with a schedule of charge?

pls somebody...

Yep thats your next step send the prelim letter with a schedule of charge from that they have 14days tp reply.

Yep thats your next step send the prelim letter with a schedule of charge from that they have 14days tp reply.

ok....just so i dnt make a mistake....

1) the letter template & schedule templates on this forum....DO i use them in exact word-for-word with blanck 'bits' filled in?

2) i really dnt know how to work out the 'APR' 8 % interest bit on the scedule of charge bit.......can some1 show me a example pls or tell me how? :-|

1.the letter template on this forum & schedule of charges lloyds sent u with all your charges on.

2. U cant claim the 'APR' 8 % interest just yet untill u start a court claim thats after u have sent them your LBA letter.

This link should help u out: Step by Step Guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Try this as well

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

I would advise you to read through the other posts as well as the guides that are available to get an idea of the process and what you need to do.

Redfaze Vs Lloyds TSB ***WON!!*** Settled out of court for full amount including interest and court costs:)

Try this as well

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

I would advise you to read through the other posts as well as the guides that are available to get an idea of the process and what you need to do.

thanks....

i do a lot of telephone banking.....& ive noticed...ever since i asked for my bank charges....they NOW have this 'option' before they put me through to the operator saying 'if you want to discuss regarding your bank charges...pls press 1 to speak to someone'......LOL....

they probably know im on my way......

OMG.....i also have a credit card with LLoyds......would that do any damage to my claim for the standard bank account charges? i sometimes have late payments for the credit card.....what if they say.....if they pay up....that i have to pay their credit card in ONE LUMP ? will they?

as some of you may have read my other thread...ive got my statements from them now......im just wondering...does it matter HOW you got your statement?

BECAUSE....i just phoned them & they sent it within 40 days.....i DIDNT use they template from this forum to recieve it.....

If you got your statements on yther back of phone call then well done you.

The problem comes if they had not been received-you would then have had to prove that the was made and they may well deny it.

So at least if the request is done by letter(sent recorded) then at least you will have documentary proof of the request along with the receipt of posting.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Im pretty sure that the CC agreement will not be affected by any settlement you may receive. These two parts tend to be run seperately and you will not have to pay off the credit card, unless you are outside of your terms and they may ask you to go for a review.

Go ahead, delete the 8% and off you go!

ok..along with my past 3-4 months of charges ...i can start the process?

also...would you also reply in my other thread.....i have several questions there....thanks

As you have the statements you can start the process.

Send them the preliminary letter requesting repayment and give them 14 days to respond.

If not reply is received to that,then send the Letter before Action, again give them 14 days and if no joy then issue the court claim.

Good luck

PPMAN

PS.

I think that I have replied to your other post already.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

ok guys...ive been very nervous about this, but now ive decided that within this weekend i will send my prelim letter with the charges. :cool:

i need a little help though......:smile:

1) do i keep the red bits in the prelim letter red...when i print it? (sorry im a little slow in these fields):rolleyes:

2) im actually not sure if lloyds ever put a 'default' in my account......SO do i still keep that 'default' paragraph in the prelim letter?

3) i dnt understand the difference between the 8% APR & the cont'''' one....can some1 explain pls in laimans language..:-) pls

4) how do i save the excel format in order for me to fill it in & print? ? ? im so confused

please & thank you again.....i am trying to write the letter now....i mean fill it in..

found it, dont worry. only question, where do i send it? what address.

(i dnt know because when i asked for mine, i asked for it over the phone THEN i came accross this forum)

ok guys, its probably annoying that i have created a few threads now, & im sorry. :(

but the problem is firstly i cannot find my 'old' thread.

secondly, a few of them are question - nothing got to do with my 'case'

and thirdly, ive been searching & serching for some info's & i cannot find it. therefore i tend to ask you guys, by opening a thread.:(

i find, ppl read my thread, & dnt respond. (is it becos of my user name?:confused::Cry: )

ok,,, i cannot find the excel sheet where you write your charges in. & the address of where you send the s.a.r & the prelim letter.

PLEASE reply.......