• Tweets

• Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
    • As the electric carmaker sees sales fall and cuts jobs, we take a closer look at its problems.View the full article
    • Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this? Every day is a school day.
    • Hi Guys, well a year on and my friend has just received this in the post today, obviously a little scared so looking for more of your advice.  Letter from the NCC dated 1-May-2024 is as follows.......   Before deputy district judge Haythorne sitting at the national business centre, 4th floor st Kathrine's house Northampton Upon reading an application from the claimant  it is ordered that  1. The claim be sent to the county court at #### (Friends local Court) Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.  A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.  If the application is one which requires a hearing, and a) the party making the application is the defendant: and b) the defendant is an individual, then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court.  In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.    As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Court Bundle Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to assemble a court bundle ready for my hearing on the 17 July and can honestly say that I have no idea on what or what shouldnt be included into the package anymore.

I have downloaded the zip file "Court Bundle for CAG" which appears to be straight forward in it's own right, however......, there does not appear to be any reference to the banks T's and C's or other evidence such as the Mcnamara interview which is often referred to in other threads or forums.

The headers for the pack I have are as below (as per the zip file). Could anyone confirm if this is sufficient or whether I need to add more headers for other evidence such as the bank's T's & C's.

1. Corresponsdence

2. Schedule of Charges

3. Statements

4. Relevant case law summary

5. Early day motion from the Houses of Parliament

6. Dunlop v New Garage

7. UTCCR 1999

8. UCTA 1977

9. SOGA 1982

10. OFT Statement Summary

I hope this may also answer some questions for the other guys and girls at this stage.

I really do want to get this bit right as it is just my luck to have my case thrown out due to insufficient evidence.

Thanks

Clare :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to assemble a court bundle ready for my hearing on the 17 July and can honestly say that I have no idea on what or what shouldnt be included into the package anymore.

I have downloaded the zip file "Court Bundle for CAG" which appears to be straight forward in it's own right, however......, there does not appear to be any reference to the banks T's and C's or other evidence such as the Mcnamara interview which is often referred to in other threads or forums.

The headers for the pack I have are as below (as per the zip file). Could anyone confirm if this is sufficient or whether I need to add more headers for other evidence such as the bank's T's & C's.

1. Corresponsdence

2. Schedule of Charges

3. Statements

4. Relevant case law summary

5. Early day motion from the Houses of Parliament

6. Dunlop v New Garage

7. UTCCR 1999

8. UCTA 1977

9. SOGA 1982

10. OFT Statement Summary

I hope this may also answer some questions for the other guys and girls at this stage.

I really do want to get this bit right as it is just my luck to have my case thrown out due to insufficient evidence.

Thanks

Clare :confused: :confused: :confused:

The majority (if not all) the reports you need are in the Libraries at the top of the forum. The T&C's are not included as these obviously differ for all banks. There is a Terms & Conditions thread further down where you'll find these specific to A&L.icon7.gif

I've just sent my court bundle. If you want to send me a PM (see tab above) with your email address, I'll send you my index, which should be a useful guide.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Does anyone know where I should look to find out whether I need to submit a Statement of Truth or an Statement of Evidnce in with my bundle.

I suppose more to the point what's the difference?

Thanks Guys

Clare x

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Does anyone know where I should look to find out whether I need to submit a Statement of Truth or an Statement of Evidnce in with my bundle.

I suppose more to the point what's the difference?

Thanks Guys

Clare x

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The judge will let you exactly what he needs from your when you get your hearing date.icon7.gif

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

I have some correspondence stating a hearing date has been set on the 17th of July for 30 minutes, but I can not see any reference on the document to what I should be supplying in terms of paperwork and in particular Statements of Evidence or Truth.

A copy of Wragges defence is attached and that is about it.

I really want to get the pack into the court as this is now slowly driving me around the bend.

P.s Mimi, I found all my correspondence.

Thanks again guys

Clare:| :| :|

I have some correspondence stating a hearing date has been set on the 17th of July for 30 minutes, but I can not see any reference on the document to what I should be supplying in terms of paperwork and in particular Statements of Evidence or Truth.

A copy of Wragges defence is attached and that is about it.

I really want to get the pack into the court as this is now slowly driving me around the bend.

P.s Mimi, I found all my correspondence.

Thanks again guys

Clare:| :| :|

It seems that folks are being asked to produce less and less and now we're down to nothing:confused: What exactly does it say?

I'd give the court a ring ... maybe there's no submission from either party and you're just expected to take relevant papers to the hearing. Best to ring them to clarify.

Do report back on what they say.

Mimi x

your claim

The majority (if not all) the reports you need are in the Libraries at the top of the forum. The T&C's are not included as these obviously differ for all banks. There is a Terms & Conditions thread further down where you'll find these specific to A&L.icon7.gif

I've just sent my court bundle. If you want to send me a PM (see tab above) with your email address, I'll send you my index, which should be a useful guide.

Hi MimiJane, firstly am I doing the right thing by joining in on this? I hope so. I am preparing a case for a friend (she has no computer) and have reached the Court date stage. This is closer than is comfortable (July 7th) as I keep putting off sending anything in as I'm still unsure of what to do despite downloading the bundle and reading it many times. For example, should I print 3 copies of the whole bundle and of the Commisions Report and other relevant cases as this amounts to about 500 pages times 3? surely this cant be right, it must be me being thick:D Especially as the letter from the court (they didn't request an AQ) says they expect the case to last no longer than 15 mins. The Judge must be a fast reader lol. I think that your index would be a GREAT help to me may I pm you with my email address please?

Hope you can help

Jan:-? :-? :-?

Send me your email and I'll get the index to you.icon7.gif

What exactly has the judge asked for and when does it have to be submitted?

My bundle was over 200 pages long, but you may not need it all. You don't need 3 "originals", just the originals and 3 copies ... one for you one for wragge, one for the court and the originals to be taken to court in case the judge needs to see them (not that it'll get that far hopefully:rolleyes:).

Where the bundle has to be in on a certain date, I presume the idea is that the judge/Wragge would look through it before the court hearing.

your claim

Thanks Mimi, the letter says that the claim has been allocated to the small claims track on the 6th of July and should take no more than 15 minutes. Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court offic copies of all documents (including any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than14 days before the hearing. The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

I know I must get my skates on as time is creeping by but I am still not sure how much to print and send and dont want to make any mistakes. I guess I must take a deep breath, grab the bull by the horns and get on with it. I'm sure your index will be a great help, I'm just about to send you a pm.

Jan:-)

Hi Guys,

After reading the forums it seems that theres an awfull lot of confused people out there when it comes to court bundles.

I think Mimi is right about what the courts are requesting. My notification from the court reads as follows:-

TAKE NOTICE that the DIRECTIONS HEARING will take place on the 17th July at xx.xx at xxxxxxxx County Court, when you should attend.

15 minutes has been allowed for the DIRECTIONS HEARING.

Please Note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly a different court.

I phoned the court manager to confirm that the term "DIRECTIONS HEARING" was the actual hearing itself which was confirmed but when I asked about the court pack they said I did not need to submit anything in addition to support my claim.

Anyhoo, I have disregarded what they have said and think the best policy is to bombard them with as much as possible, the logic being I wont kick myself for not doing enough if all goes wrong.

Clare...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi..i am new to this and am starting a claim against A & L.However I am concerned that if they close my account I will struggle to find another due to credit problems in the recent past.Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I am not sure where else to go at the moment.Has anyone been threatened with account closure?My salary has to be paid into an account which could cause problems.Any one help with this.

Many thanks

Linda .

Seam, go to natwest and ask for a step account, you get a solocard and they dont do a credit check as its a mega basic account

Feels like a lost little girl x

Hi Guys,

After reading the forums it seems that theres an awfull lot of confused people out there when it comes to court bundles.

I think Mimi is right about what the courts are requesting. My notification from the court reads as follows:-

TAKE NOTICE that the DIRECTIONS HEARING will take place on the 17th July at xx.xx at xxxxxxxx County Court, when you should attend.

15 minutes has been allowed for the DIRECTIONS HEARING.

Please Note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly a different court.

I phoned the court manager to confirm that the term "DIRECTIONS HEARING" was the actual hearing itself which was confirmed but when I asked about the court pack they said I did not need to submit anything in addition to support my claim.

Anyhoo, I have disregarded what they have said and think the best policy is to bombard them with as much as possible, the logic being I wont kick myself for not doing enough if all goes wrong.

Clare...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mmmm, the term Directions Hearing implies that you'll be issued with directions and it's not the actual hearing, i.e. like a preliminary hearing ... now I'm confused as they're telling you this is the actual hearing, but are also saying that you don't need to submit anything and it might be released to another judge/court:confused:

Can anyone clarify exactly what this means for puressence?

your claim

Hi Mimi,

I was getting the idea the other day that my correspondence from the court sounded different to everyone else's as I could see no mention of court packs or SOE's.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could clarify why this case appears to be differing from the rest and more importantly what I should do next.

In the interim I will phone the court again and see if I can get some sense from someone.

Thanks Guys

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, it appears that the district Judge at Plymouth does not request any supporting evidence for bank charge cases.

The court manager has stated that "it is personnal preference if you wish to send in any information that you wish to rely upon"

A bit wishy washy I think.

It kind of sounds like the Judge is saying "I know what you all have to say I have heard it a thousand time and hence have already made my mind up on how to pass judgement"

Anyhooo, as it is of a personnel preference I have decided to make up the court pack and send it out anyway.

Although I suppose it would be really helpfull if I attended without preparing the bundle and won anyway. Surely that could set a local precedence and make things a little easier for people?

I would really like to hear from any other claiments in Plymouth area who are at the same stage as who have also been advised that it is not necessary to submit supporting evidence.

I was a bit concerned that my case could be getting treated differently becauase of a mistake I made but I dont think that would ring ture as I appear to have the bog standard defence from Wragge as everyone else.

Any thoughts?

Clare!!!!

Hi Guys,

I have finally worked out what is going on here (with the help of my other half).

I have a hearing on the 17th of July, the reason I do not need to submit the court pack is because it is a directions hearing to ascertain the best way to handle the claim.

A set of directions will then be issued with a court date for the actual hearing of which I have to submit the court bundle 2 weeks before.

Now I understand where I am.

So, with that in mind I have read that some people at this point have sent a nudge letter to Wragge informing them of their intentention to submit a set draft directions to the court manager.

Has anyone done this and is it recommended or am I running the risk of annoying the Judge?

Confused Clare

Hi Clare,

I am in the Plymouth area but although I requested Plymouth they have given me Bodmin on Friday the 13th July:eek: :eek: :eek: just put back a week by the court from the 6th. The strange thing is that when they sent the first date the letter said that no AQ was required, the case was allocated to the small claims track and should take no more than 15 mins. I havent completed my bundle yet, Mimi has been VERY helpful but I'm still a bit confused, I guess I must read everything another 6 or 7 times. What worries me is I dont have a copy of terms and conditions from 2001 to 2005 the dates of the claim, I dont suppose you have a copy you can send me, I've tried the link to the archive but it's showing no results. It must be something I'm doing as it says there are 6 billion pages and I cant believe there's nothing in all those pages about the A&L!!!

Jan

Hi Clare,

I am in the Plymouth area but although I requested Plymouth they have given me Bodmin on Friday the 13th July:eek: :eek: :eek: just put back a week by the court from the 6th. The strange thing is that when they sent the first date the letter said that no AQ was required, the case was allocated to the small claims track and should take no more than 15 mins. I havent completed my bundle yet, Mimi has been VERY helpful but I'm still a bit confused, I guess I must read everything another 6 or 7 times. What worries me is I dont have a copy of terms and conditions from 2001 to 2005 the dates of the claim, I dont suppose you have a copy you can send me, I've tried the link to the archive but it's showing no results. It must be something I'm doing as it says there are 6 billion pages and I cant believe there's nothing in all those pages about the A&L!!!

Jan

Jan, see this link ... posts 8 and 10 give you T&C's for both years :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/90733-l-terms-conditions.html

Hope this helps.icon7.gif

your claim

Thanks Mimi, you've been a great help again.:) I've copied the T&Cs but I see in your index you have related charges and interest rates, I have found these on the A&L website but I believe they are the current ones, does this matter or do I need ones for the relevant period? Also the cases I am using in the defence i.e Dunlop v New Garage do I need to find and submit the whole case or just references to it.

Thanks very much for taking the time to email me your index:D

Jan

I've included the T&C's and charges, etc. for the years relating to the beginning of the claim and also the final year (i.e. not the years inbetween as I don't think this is necessary).

The Dunlop case and others are in the CAG Library (at the top of the forum). There aren't too many pages of each individual case and, yes, I'd include everything ... you don't want to miss anything vital.icon12.gif

Hope you manage to find the T&C's, etc. you need. If not, you could always try the archive link within the T&C thread. icon7.gif

Mimi

your claim