• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

maybelline v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quick update, no news from Halifax, the judgement was given on 4 Dec,by my reckoning they had one month to file a set aside. I will contact the court at then end of the week, no news on the warrant of exectuion either.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, just spoke to the bailiff, who was rather abrupt, said it would take a month and couldnt get off the phone quick enough, however, he was quite polite by the end of the call, and agreed he would do what he could.

thinking on this, bailiff also feels I will not get my money, that they will defend in some way and my enforcement paperwork seems to be in a different pile because I am fee exempt (disability).

boot stil on my foot then.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

according to my dates, halifax have not done anything since judgement was given and this is more than one month so doesnt this mean this will stay on their file for six years??

TT, how is your case going? did it go into a hearing.

Halifax have not asked for a set aside or responded in any way to the judgement I got on 4 Dec?? the warrant of execution is with the bailiff but still no news -

surely they should pay up or set aside inside a month, does anyone know if this is the case, the month time limit and have any suggestions as to the next move.

??

• 3 weeks later...

still no news, hopefully not long before the whole six years issue gets a proper airing

Maybelline, phone the Bailiff's again, and tell them you require a date for enforcement. Have they served notice on the Halifax?

Fee exempt? Different piles? Sounds like they have a different process for those who are Fee Exempt, which usually leads to them having to inform a dept. that you may come into money! This will be a standard procedure.

I believe they have 28 days from the date of service to enforce (anyone clarify). What are they playing at? It may be down to the fact they are inundated at the moment, in which case you should phone them every day until they have carried out their duties.

Halifax have missed the boat, and given the latest media exposure, looks like their problems are going to get a whole lot worse.

The Bailiffs need to do their job now, before they get too busy. The Halifax will spit money if they do. Get a slot in their schedule.

Tide

PS. Kazzaw has done this, and there is a seperate Bailiff's thread at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/44284-bailiff-discussion-moved-hijacked.html#post350961

apparently, bailiff received info on 29 Jan, I spoke to them on phone and they said it could take 2 or 3 wks for them to get visit or speak to Halifax, cant remember now what reasons they gave but it sounded valid at the time, I will ring them tomorrow. I had made a note on my calendar to remind me the bailiff should have been in touch with them by 19th as a result.

I am wondering why they dont just deal with it, do halifax have any options (apart from the obvious, ignoring tactic.)

Maybelline,

I think Halifax has missed the boat on this. Send the boys in. Can't see what the delay is - get your money!! If the situation was reversed, they would have somebody dedicated to ensuring the Bailiff's got in on time. And they sleep at night!!

BTW. My case now includes interest and damages (I lost everything - it was a mortgage, and the mice came in whilst the cat was in London) so I have an 8 page N1. Bit worried about this and am trying to cut it down. Looking to issue but it will cost £1700.00. Monday it is then.

Tide

I will definately ring the bailiff in the morning, I also wrote to Halifax to suggest politely that they fulfill the judgement given but it has been ignored, I will of course keep copies of all my attempts to settle with them for the court if it has to go to that, I noticed on the Watchdog programme that even when the Judge told the banks to pay, some had to go back to the courts to get the payment!

Why do I get the feeling that the banks are setting up a parachute Company and transferring assets?

How can you trst a bank which has so much media coverage? And CCJ's?

One of the problems the bank has, is they have probably shafted the reporters who are reporting on them at the moment!

God, with not using/having contact with the Halifax for 3-4 years (though with the accounts open-though I've just found out yesterday, they closed one in 2003)- I'd forgotten what an obstructive, irritating bunch of penpushers they are to have to deal with!

Reading these threads, and now taking them to court via MCOL, has reminded me.

And after getting my money back, I will never go anywhere near them again. The amount of time it is taking me to get my money back has me muttering about this every day!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

it is so unpleasant when you get treated badly on a personal level as well, the reality is of course that lots of people remain polite and easy to deal with in their role even if it is an unpleasant role they are obliged to perform, some are also claiming their unfair charges (hello) I must agree I have had some very frustrating conversations at branch level and on the phone and I would vote with my feet too:)

:cry:still no go, need to speak to the bailiff who is not available, will try tomorrow.:(

He's obviously not a Halifax customer!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

lol.

I dont exactly feel comfortable having a bailiff involved and it seemed rather ridiculous to me when the process of enforcement takes this path, some kind of automatic deduction (as in deduction of earnings which happens to us lesser folk) would be more effective.

has anyone had to go back to court, can I file a new N1 or use a different enforcement procedure??

can I write to the court that issued the judgement and tell them that the judgement is not enforced.

Don't worry- there's pills for that!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

HOW DO I WRITE THIS BIG ENOUGH - I WON - I WON - I WON -

judgement obtained in default, cheque sent to XXXX county court!

Come on Mods - change the title to 'WON'

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!

You got there in the end.... Happy spending.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Brilliant- and so wonderful after all your effort!

Maybe they were afraid the bailiff was one of their customers...

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08