Matt V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, where to start. So far I have written to Halifax (my branch) and requested all my bank charges.

I received them last week mid May 07. It totalled £1900 for 4 years. I sent another letter requesting that they refund me and this morning I got a letter saying that they "declined my complaint"

Not sure what to do next

1. Call them at the customer relation.

2. Write another letter before court.

Any help would be welcome.

4 June update - I decided to call the 0845 number on the page they sent me. It actually has a automated message for bank charges......!!!

I eventually got through to Sarah Molson who says she will reopen my complaint and they are dealing with each complain in order they received them. Now I have to wait 6-8 weeks.... Sound like a stalling tactic to me...

Will keep you updated...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have a letter from Halifax today saying they have offered me £800 as a gesture of goodwill. My total charges where £1900 so I am not sure if I should write another letter and ask for the full amount or just accept. If I do does anyone have a template for me on what to say?

What is everyone’s Opinion?

I would like to hear from someone that has pursued the full claim successfully.

Hi Ya Do You Really Want To Settle For Half If You Decide To Not Accept You Need To Send The Rejection Letter I Took Mine All The Way To Court And Won Quite A Large Amount What Stage Are You At