Disturbing Information!

Rhino69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following my ongoing disputes with various Banks, etc., I received numerous unwanted and intrusive telephone calls, many of these, hang-ups

I wrote to each company in turn insisting that ALL communication MUST be in writing.

I continued to receive calls from Lloyds and Direct Line as well as mystery calls from unknown callers.

What I found most disturbing was the fact that my wife received at least three calls to her mobile phone, which when I traced the number turned out to be from a Company called Portal Solutions in Cardiff.

How these people got my wife's number, I do not know but checking further, I detemined that this company is a member of an organisation called The Customer Contact Association. (Info below)

Customer Contact Association __ Home Page

And Board members are:

Professor Charles Munn, Chief Executive, CIOBS

Anne Marie Forsyth, Chief Executive, CCA

Ewan Gowrie

Rob Pike, Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Michael Stock, BBC

Peter Sunderland, Re-Active

Marc Michaels, Central Office of Information

Sally Jones-Evans, Lloyds TSB

Formed in 1999, the Foundation Partner group is an established forum of both corporate and public sector influences. Its success to date can be demonstrated by the successful launch of the CCA Standard Framework.

Organisations investing in Foundation Partnership have the opportunity to participate in the benefits of corporate membership and are also invited to participate in a wider range of activities which assist CCA in promoting best practice and professionalism and offer the group the opportunity to be involved in driving the collective voice for the industry.

Foundation Partner Group includes:

British Gas

BT

Capita

Department for Work & Pensions

HM Revenue & Customs

NHS Direct

Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Royal Mail

Sky Subscriber Services

Tesco

Vodafone Ltd

Tel: +44 (0) 141 564 9384.

Call Centre Association __ List of Members

(List of Members)

Checking out the list of members reveals many Banks and Finance providers and also disturbingly many foreign callcenter companies to whom information may be passed.

I have sent a complaint to The Information Commissioner about these unwanted intrusions and believe that the information may be of help to CAG members.

Regards,

Rhino69 :|

Following my ongoing disputes with various Banks, etc., I received numerous unwanted and intrusive telephone calls, many of these, hang-ups

I wrote to each company in turn insisting that ALL communication MUST be in writing.

I continued to receive calls from Lloyds and Direct Line as well as mystery calls from unknown callers.

What I found most disturbing was the fact that my wife received at least three calls to her mobile phone, which when I traced the number turned out to be from a Company called Portal Solutions in Cardiff.

How these people got my wife's number, I do not know but checking further, I detemined that this company is a member of an organisation called The Customer Contact Association. (Info below)

Customer Contact Association __ Home Page

And Board members are:

Professor Charles Munn, Chief Executive, CIOBS

Anne Marie Forsyth, Chief Executive, CCA

Ewan Gowrie

Rob Pike, Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Michael Stock, BBC

Peter Sunderland, Re-Active

Marc Michaels, Central Office of Information

Sally Jones-Evans, Lloyds TSB

Formed in 1999, the Foundation Partner group is an established forum of both corporate and public sector influences. Its success to date can be demonstrated by the successful launch of the CCA Standard Framework.

Organisations investing in Foundation Partnership have the opportunity to participate in the benefits of corporate membership and are also invited to participate in a wider range of activities which assist CCA in promoting best practice and professionalism and offer the group the opportunity to be involved in driving the collective voice for the industry.

Foundation Partner Group includes:

British Gas

BT

Capita

Department for Work & Pensions

HM Revenue & Customs

NHS Direct

Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Royal Mail

Sky Subscriber Services

Tesco

Vodafone Ltd

Tel: +44 (0) 141 564 9384.

Call Centre Association __ List of Members

(List of Members)

Checking out the list of members reveals many Banks and Finance providers and also disturbingly many foreign callcenter companies to whom information may be passed.

I have sent a complaint to The Information Commissioner about these unwanted intrusions and believe that the information may be of help to CAG members.

Regards,

Rhino69 :|

Hi Rhino,

This is like big brother! it is great that you have been able to get to the bottom of it! and what's more worrying that big names like say - Michael Stock BBC, or even any of those companies are sharing are details with all and sundry, both here in the Uk and abroad. Keep us informed on your complaint with information Commsiioners. Our personal details should not be readily available to any one under the Data Protection Act and EEC regulations I guess.

DS