glyn and lucie v hsbc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 6 months later...

hi everybody,

need little bit of help regarding a letter which we received from our bank few days ago,here it is:

thank you for your letter dated 13 november 2006 regarding charges of £6066.00.

The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed constitue a penalty and are therefore unenforceable.the contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our personal banking terms and conditions.in respect of overdrafts i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2.if you authorise a payment that would,if met by us,lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and fee is payable for this service.

our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you opened your account.

whilst i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for,i trust i have been able to clarify the bank's position.if you are not satisfied with the bank's response you should now refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service,as this represent our final response on this matter.

we received this letter in the 4 january 2007 just after 12 days when we issued our claim at small claims court.

thank you.:confused: