us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow noobrider, thanks for the speedy reply!:)

That puts my mind at rest about compromising the Court claim, and once other half has called tomorrow to find out what they are investigating on his card, I will send a letter to Abbey as you suggest asking them what the hell they are playing at! (or words to that effect).

Thanks so much for the advice (sorry again for bothering you with it); it may well be a coincidence, just seemed a bit suspicious.

Huge thanks

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jo.

Sorry for not replying sooner. Have been at a funeral all day :(

I agree with noobrider that it is probably coincidental. You should still continue with your claim (I would if I was in the same position), and most definitely call them to find out what's going on.

"Keep going all the way until your PAYDAY" (quote from deedee1310, 2007) :D

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hello Ohoh!

I have just read your thread. Charley Farley's threads will help as it does me. I didn't even write to Abbey to say I was taking them to Court. When they sent their letter 'thanks for asking for chgs refund but sorry no can do' I just started my moneyclaim on line. I am a bit cynical as I worked in Banking for 20 yrs, not since 1999 though. I know a bit about their tactics and how they conduct themselves and I'm afraid they are dogmatic so there's no room to be beating around the bush. I see it like if you wanted to get your money back in a shop for faulty goods. You go with the drive of getting your money back. Get that feeling, taking one stage at a time.

All the very best to you

Determind

Hey determindator

Thanks for the support!

I didn't write specifically to tell them I was taking them to court, just made it clear in my last letter - rejecting their pony and trap GoGW offer - that if they didn't pay up by tomorrow (cat in hell's chance of that!) then "I would commence Court proceedings without further warning."

So bring it on! (omg I am soooooooo scared - seriously)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Having a dumb blonde moment - nothing new there then!

As this is a Joint account I am claiming for, can I be the sole claimant or does it have to be in both names on the N1 with 2 signatures?

Looked through loads of threads but couldn't find the answer, so sorry if it has been covered before.

Thanks

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

I have just printed off my N1, schedule of charges (future dated for tomorrow) and Particulars of Claim, ready to take to Croydon County Court in the morning.

Every page of the attachments has my name and the account number on it, and I left a space on the Particulars of Claim to write in the claim number.

Just a thought - do I need to sign each page of the attachments, or is this not necessary?

Basic question probably, but it has done my head in getting this far already, and would just like to be as "spot-on" as possible!

Thanks in advance

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

OH MY GOD! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!!

Other half back, and just called FCO re the letter (post72). This is a brief transcript of the conversation:

OH: I'm calling you regarding the letter you sent me

FCO: Can I have your card number please?

OH: Which number would you like, the one on the letter or my actual card number?

FCO: Oh I see - are they similar then? Did we make a mistake?

OH: Well they are both 16 digits if thats what you mean by similar!

FCO: Oh.......(long silence), then did a few security checks

OH: Also, you missed off a letter in my surname! So, whose card is it that you are investigating?

FCO: I don't know (!)

OH: Well I don't have a lot of faith in the FCO investigations at the moment then, if you can't get my name or card number right.

FCO: Just checking something.....ah, there was a stop put on your partners card?

OH: Thats correct, and she called you on the 15th and was told it was all sorted.

FCO: According to the system, the letter we sent to her was not received, so this letter you have should have gone to her.

OH: But the letter was received, and she called you, and you said it was all cleared? And this is not her name or card number either, so who's is it?

FCO: I really don't know. It appears we transposed the details from another account, but only on the letter. (Oh my God what an admission)!!

OH: So what happens now?

FCO: I have checked your account, and it is all fine.

OH: So neither card is stopped or flagged?

FCO: No, everything is absolutely fine.

OH: Actually it's not. Thanks.

***End of Conversation***

What the hell are they playing at? So the whole thing was wrong - name, card number the lot. And the letter was dated the same day that I called them to sort out my card!!

So now do I have grounds for a complaint, based on the undue stress they have put on me through total incompetence, or is it a bit flimsy/circumstancial??

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I really want to take some sort of action, but am not sure what or how. God I am livid :mad:

Any thoughts??

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Let me get this right. FCO were playing silly b***ers with your card but in actual fact they had the wrong card in the first place?

If that's the case then that is unbelievable. I'm not sure who you would have to complain to (if it's them it will take 8 weeks :mad: )

I'm so sorry love. Hopefully this is the end of the drama with your card for the time being but methinks you need to lose the "shAbbey Habit".

They are awful to bank with and I am so pleased to no longer bank with them, they were a nightmare :mad: :mad: .

Does anyone else have any ideas? Would you like me to send you one of Abbey's "How to Complain" leaflets (sent courtesy of Andrew Nanson after receiving my Prelim letter :-o ).

My threads

Thanks deedee but I have enough of those "complaints" leaflets to wallpaper the toilet walls - best place for them, me thinks :D

Anyway.......... I filed my N1 at Croydon County Court at 11am this morning!!!!!

So it's official (omg!) and now the waiting game starts I suppose.

Oh and just to rub their noses in it a bit more, I wrote the cheque out of the Abbey account!!!!!! :D

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:) I love it!! The offer of the "complaints" leaflet was made with my tongue firmly in my cheek :D .

Yes it is official now - good for you. I've not heard a peep from them since my fob off letter last week. I will sending LBA next Wednesday at this rate.

I was thinking of amending my claim to including Contractual Interest at their unauthorised overdraft rate of 29.8% APR. What do you think? :???:

If I get to the court stage I would ask the judge to consider three rates:

1. interest at their Unauthorised OD rate (29.8%)

2. interest at their Authorised OD rate (16.9%)

3. Statutory interest at 8%.

Your opinion and anyone else's is most welcome. I'm still trying to find threads to confirm if Abbey have paid out CI to claimants. If anyone knows of any cases, please let me have the links.

dee

My threads

Hey deedee

Not sure on this one but from what I have read you have to include contractual interest right at the start of the claim ie Prelim letter, or else it cannot be considered - that is purely my understanding of it, but I will stand corrected if someone else says otherwise.

Hope someone can advise you further.

I have subscribed to your thread so will be reading with interest - while mine goes quiet till the Court papers land on their desk!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Do you know what, as it is my first claim (I've wisened up since I started this one), I will leave it as it is. :p

My Capital One claim has CI from the outset as does my Haliprats one. It'll be interesting to see how they react to those claims :D

Can't take the lulls. Have been reading and contributing to your thread for the last week now.:( Never mind, the excitement will pick up again when Abbey start their usual court shennanigans :D :D

Yes - please keep an eye on my threads. I'm just two and a bit weeks behind you with Abbey.

deedee x

My threads

Will do hun

Mind you with the way Abbey have been treating me just lately, I am sure there will be something else to report soon :rolleyes:

Otherwise we can just have a chat!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

OK, now I have nothing else to do but wait (I wish LOL), everything is going round in my head and I need clarification if possible please on the following:

My Prelim letter to Abbey included all the overdraft interest, as charged per month - I hadn't found this wonderful website then, and was following alternative advice!

Then reading other websites - still not this one, unfortunately - the advice was NOT to include overdraft interest, so my LBA was amended to reflect this, and I duly informed them in the letter. I did actually take legal advice from a friends' Mum who is a solicitor, and she said that because I was reducing the claim, it did not have any effect, and I did not have to start again.

Now, having filed my N1 today it is for less still; I have had to remove two months charges in 2001 to fall within the six year limit (they were valid at the time of the Prelim obviously) and I am nowhere near confident enough to argue the Statute of Limitations.

OMG sorry it took so long (:o ), but the question is:

If I have to submit a Court Bundle, then the Prelim letter will be included - the others won't because they contain "Without Prejudice" paragraphs - so will the Court question the difference in the amounts? And will this go against me?

I know in general a difference in the original request to the Court claim does not matter, but because what I did initially was wrong, I now think thats why Abbey are being so Shabby towards me, because they think I haven't got a clue what I am doing! (How right they are - ish!)

I know I am months away from a Court bundle, and may not (prays) ever have to do one, but you know when something is just niggling and won't go away?

I would just like some reassurance now please, if possible, that I haven't screwed up and given them an opportunity to throw out my case :confused:

Sorry that took so long too!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Jo.

Don't know if I'm qualified enough (by experience and knowledge -yet), to help answer.

From what I have gleaned, it doesn't matter too much about the schedule of charges in the sense that you can continually amend it, until you file at court. For this reason, I don't see why the Court would question why the amount in the Preliminary Letter is different to the schedule that has been included as part of your evidence.

If anyone knows better could you please post and help reassure Jo. :)

Apart from that Jo, how is everything otherwise?

deedee x

My threads

Thanks deedee - my fountain of reason as ever :)

I was just doing the "headless chicken" again I think! No seriously this has taken over my life at the moment - how sad! - and I am just picking holes in my own case before someone else does! Thanks for the reassurance - again!

Will pm you in a bit to burden you with my latest woes! (Joke!)

Jo xxx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Ha Ha this gave me a fit of the giggles :rolleyes:

Just got a letter from Abbey Customer Operations - here are the first lines:

" WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW UP TO £15,000?

As an Abbey customer, you could borrow from £7,500 at a great rate."

Was thinking of writing back to them saying "hey, thats how much you borrowed from me, at a much better rate!" :p

TeeHee :D made my day!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

LOL Hi Jo,

Sorry been very busy at work had not time to talk, well everything seems to be going ok for you now.

Dont worry about that Prelim list of charges, the court will only really focus on your claim form and the most up to date list of charges. The main thing is you had the amounts correct when you submitted the claim.

Im getting nervous myself waiting to hear back from the court about what they intend do next. I hate sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the some action.

Keep in touch Leecabs :)

I just love this thread Jo! Full of ups and downs, keep going. The entire CAG especially is behind u. Even though SHABBEY has tossed u about they will soon be doing the big throw soon, which is to 'throw' u some money. lol

Kiddo