Pink Princess V Nationwide

pink princess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have done the right thing I would have rung them thats just me I like to hear an explanation depends how good they are at replying to email I would give them an hour or so then ring them you need this sorted by the end of the day, but Daniel12 is right the defense normally is they dont have to pay as they have already paid.Eversheds may be able to shed some light.Is the account closed if so they may be sending a cheque.

Just as I said ' defendant disputes the whole amount claimed' just as it was on the acknowledgment - nothing has changed. How come it took nearly 2 days for the defence to show on mcol? What a waste of time that site is really - just gets your hopes up.

Well I cannot understand why some are being paid out at different stages - I looked at the instruction guide - basically the courts will issue directions and at that stage submit your court bundle. Please do not give up at this stage - you deserve to have your money back and it is just them trying to scare you off!

the defense normally is they dont have to pay as they have already paid.Eversheds may be able to shed some light.Is the account closed if so they may be sending a cheque.

I hope you're right - I feel physically sick........................... should have listened to my husband when he said it would go to court!

Plus reading on MSE there are some people who's defence has gone in and their court date isn't till nov :o

Dont worry evanregan.... Iv just checked and nothing has gone into my account and I cant check with the courts about the defense as I filed a N1. Im sure this is just a stalling tactic. Will be ringing the court on Friday when I get back. At least you are not on your own and we are in the same situation. :p

• Haha 1

I hope you're right - I feel physically sick........................... should have listened to my husband when he said it would go to court!

Plus reading on MSE there are some people who's defence has gone in and their court date isn't till nov :o

Oh this is horrible for you.

I would phone Eversheds ask them exactly what the defense is,people have said they are very helpful, if it is any help my MCOL online thingy says "this claim can go no further it will be allocated to your local court" as you know I have been paid so it would seem that Nationwide are playing games typical nasty tactics.See what Eversheds say try to stay calm I know its not easy but this is Nationwide way of getting back at you for claiming what is rightfully yours they are like a spoilt children.

Well I telephoned eversheds and spoke to a really nice lady who told me that the nationwide advise them to defend all of their claims - then gave me a number for nationwides refund dept!!!

Spoke to a nice man called 'gareth davies' who told me that he couldn't find anything relating to my claim :eek: but it was probably in their legal dept as they were waiting on a new batch of claims to run through and that I would hear before friday!

If I haven't, he said that I could ring on friday and speak to him direct and he SHOULD have it sorted for me :D

This has given me some hope. The solicitor said that they ALWAYS pay out, but really it has nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

Me thinks that nw just like giving people the run around.

On the plus side I dont feel physically sick anymore LOL

;)

Can you let me have to email for eversheds please as I think I may drop them a line aswell

E-mail address is [email protected] and the telephone number is: 02920496468. But they never answered their e-mail, I had to phone aswell!

Best bet is to telephone NW on 01793712536 for their refund dept.

Best of luck and have a good rest of your hols ;)

Well I telephoned eversheds and spoke to a really nice lady who told me that the nationwide advise them to defend all of their claims - then gave me a number for nationwides refund dept!!!

Spoke to a nice man called 'gareth davies' who told me that he couldn't find anything relating to my claim :eek: but it was probably in their legal dept as they were waiting on a new batch of claims to run through and that I would hear before friday!

If I haven't, he said that I could ring on friday and speak to him direct and he SHOULD have it sorted for me :D

This has given me some hope. The solicitor said that they ALWAYS pay out, but really it has nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

Me thinks that nw just like giving people the run around.

On the plus side I dont feel physically sick anymore LOL

Glad you are feeling better about the whole thing now.:)

I feel really positive for you now, it would be nice for you to get the cash sooner rather than later but let Nationwide play their game probably one of the few pleasures they have left.:p

Like Eversheds said they ALWAYS pay out,wonder how much money it costs Nationwide to get Eversheds to shuffle paper around for 28 days,so stupid if they pay out on the second letter from claimants would save them money and us time.:mad:

Anyway keep checking the account it hopefully will be there before you go away.

I'll keep the possitive thoughts going for a quick deposit.

• Haha 1

Thanks very much for all your positivity copeswell - feel like we've got a true friend here :)

I also feel better knowing that pink princess is in the same boat - her papers are probably in some in-box the same as mine ;)

Better get my 'next directory' out for some last minute shopping now eh? LOL

Well I have read the other banks sites and others banks do tend to defend but a day or so before the court date pay up - so think positive......with yours and pinkprincess situation I am expecting to go through the same - so get that court bundle prepared and then you are laughing!

I've just been trawling back through previously read threads (read when I first started all this!) and I'm very comforted to see that NW have paid out roughly 3-5 days after the defence :o on alot of cases - sarahlou being one of them.

Hopefully this gareth bloke will have some good news for me on friday :)

Not over hopeful on recieving anything through the post in the next few days as the royal mail has started their next round of 2 weeks strikes today!!!!! - my husband is one of them, so no slating them please :)

I'll just keep on checking..............and checking..................and checking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you daniel12 - hope you dont have to go through this too

That sounds very positive and especially with what Eversheds said - and NW in the refund department! Have noted their telephone numbers lol!

I have got a feeling I will be going through the exactly same thing as yourself and pinkprincess - which is a pain as going on holiday at the end of next week - so fingers crossed it is resolved by then!

I seem addicited to yours and pinkprincess' progress lol!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm I'm off on hols on sat night and really, really, really wanted this all out of the way before then LOL :p

Hopefully we'll hear something from pinkprincess today too

I really think that nw are just behind in the claims , and do it a week at a time. Strange though that in this day and age that they cant transfer from dept to dept via computers eh? :rolleyes:

I am a week after you -I go away the following saturday :)

I know Nationwide do appear to be behind on the times - but I think they are just damm awkward - and want the money even more just to prove a point!

Well let us know when you have news - and I will also :razz:

Well my defence is due in on saturday so going to ring the courts today and email eversheds to see if they can tell me what is going on.

I wonder if Nationwide have changed their tact - as a thread on here has got a court date and has to submit a court bundle - so wonder if they are now not paying out until the court bundle has been submitted

Hmmmmmmmmm ............... not sure about that one :confused:

From reading this site and mse's site there have only been two payouts (as far as i can see anyway!) since last thurs/fri :eek:

I look on this as a good sign and that nw must do them in stages on certain days - HOPEFULLY!!!

As for e-mailing eversheds, they never replied to my e-mail , that's why I rang aswell. I can tell you it's really hard not to ring nw today, must wait till tomorrow!!!

Also it doesn't seem like there are alot of people on this weeks timescale - not on the forums anyway - so here's hoping for something in our accounts sooooooon LOL

Also copeswell - GOOD LUCK for your wedding in cyprus. You'll have a fab day - I know cos I got married there in 2003! God how I love that country - been there 7 times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's gonna be my retirement home :p

Also copeswell - GOOD LUCK for your wedding in cyprus. You'll have a fab day - I know cos I got married there in 2003! God how I love that country - been there 7 times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's gonna be my retirement home :p

Wish I were going to Cyprus;) but not to get married its our 23rd Anniversary in August so I dont think thats allowed:lol: :lol:

I know there were 2 weddings one in Vegas one in Cyprus but can remember who they were.