Pink Princess V Nationwide

pink princess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on a few things. Firstly, are you likely to be eligible for financial help, such as being on benefits or a low income? If so, then N1 is the route to go. The other thing is can you resist the urge to click 'Default Judgment' when the time comes? I personally couldn't so again, N1 is better in that respect. Also, you submit your Schedule of Charges with your N1 form, so there is no confusion about when and whom to send them.

I'm sure there are other pros and cons, but those are the ones that spring to my mind.

:)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

After searching unsuccesfully for the t & c's from 1990 when I opened my account - I noticed (for all you internet bankers) that you can print out a statement for 1 year only which shows all charges under the heading 'charges applied'. Would this suffice as evidence that they are unlawful charges and not fees for a service..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pink Princess, good luck with your claim. Regarding the charges being unlawful, I have scans of a leaflet which may be useful to yourself which state clearly that their charges are imposed because of a breach of contract "for using FlexAccount outside its terms and conditions", and that they are used to subsidise "an excellent range of benefits and competitive interest rates".

If you'd like a copy of this leaflet, please PM me with your email address, i'll be happy to send it to you. (Around 15 copies sent so far - I think the Nationwide would be pleased with me!)

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've received the acknowledgment of service this morning from the courts with Nationwide defending all of my claim, they now have until 23rd July to file a defence... is anyone else on a similar timescale?? or any advise would be very welcome:p

:o

Well I've received the acknowledgment of service this morning from the courts with Nationwide defending all of my claim, they now have until 23rd July to file a defence... is anyone else on a similar timescale?? or any advise would be very welcome:p

Hi pink princess - my claim was acknowledged on the 27th june so they have until the 24th july to defend so as you can see I'm a day behind you!!! :)

I read all these threads EVERDAY so I'll keep a eye on your's to see how you are getting on :o

Best of luck

Tracey

:o

Hi pink princess - my claim was acknowledged on the 27th june so they have until the 24th july to defend so as you can see I'm a day behind you!!! :)

I read all these threads EVERDAY so I'll keep a eye on your's to see how you are getting on :o

Best of luck

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Exactly the same date for us too.Ours is for £2926.11 including interest and costs,I read the messages every day too from what I have read Nationwide usally start to pay out a few days before the 28 days is up,its my Birthday July 29th so looking forward to getting a nice pressy from Nationwide. ;)

All the best

Well I hope it turns out to be a VERY HAPPY birthday for you!! :)

I'm off to Ibiza on the 28th july and hoping that the money shows up before then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutting it fine I know but fingers crossed :D . My kids would get an even better hol without worrying how much you can or can't spend :mad:

My claim is for £1600 including interest and costs. I closed this account in 2003 as they charged me £1043 in a YEAR! :-o

Still got another account with them though that has £.22p in it!!!! No charges to claimwith that one though. :mad:

Best of luck to you.