Kev's Appeal

podgydad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The FOS have changed their position in recent years on looking at matters that had been litigated, they now have discretion.

The following information is taken from Ombudsman news - issue 32 - October 2003:

“Insurance firms occasionally try to insist that we cannot look at complaints about underwriting matters, or where legal proceedings have been issued. These misconceptions are a legacy from the past. The Terms of Reference of one of our predecessors, the Insurance Ombudsman Bureau, precluded such cases. However, the FSA rules give us wider powers and such cases are not outside our jurisdiction. They are, however, among the types of cases that we can, under the rules, decline to deal with”.

Incidently and unfortunately Kevin Berwick's case is unsuitable for appeal to the high court as fresh evidence cannot be admitted, you can only appeal on a point of law.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

As a matter of interest would you be willing to take him on a no win no fee basis? What with your current relationship with Judge Cooke that could be a lot of fun!

Indeed :-)

Guidot,

Excellent piece of information. But can we close the thread before it becomes another slanging match which keeps going to the top to the detriment of everybody else?

I now try to keep off any threads which have any reference to Kev, Cooke or podgy. Unfortunately, newcomers do go onto these threads, post questions, get no replies and go away. Not what we are here for is it?

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Guidot,

Excellent piece of information. But can we close the thread before it becomes another slanging match which keeps going to the top to the detriment of everybody else?

I now try to keep off any threads which have any reference to Kev, Cooke or podgy. Unfortunately, newcomers do go onto these threads, post questions, get no replies and go away. Not what we are here for is it?

Then they should look here for a far more upbeat theme

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/93886-joint-cag-mse-news.html

Nic,

Yes, I agree!!!

But shouldn't it be on a sticky or an announcement. Otherwise the thread just rambles on and on. There is often really good stuff on these general threads that just get lost in the argy bargy of who is right or wrong. Most of us just then ignore the threads and miss some of the really good points that the likes of you make.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

I'm really not looking for an argument, I was just surprised to read the press release in light of some conversations I had last week with the FOS. I also found it interesting as I have read on here many times people telling posters not to bother using the FOS as they are a waste of time.