• Tweets

• Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DEBT, CCA's & What's Next?

Poppy07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have several debts which have been passed to DCA's. I sent three of them CCA requests by recorded delivery last wednesday - 16.05.07, enclosing a £1 cheque.

Companies I sent to were:

DG Solicitors for an outstanding debt of approx £3k to HSBC

Moorcroft for an outstanding debt of approx £6k to Barclays

NCO for a debt (which I dispute) of approx £600 to Paypal.

Could anyone tell me what happens next. I read on another thread about SAR requests being sent to these companies aswell - why would you do that unless you were reclaiming charges is it?

Have I done all I can for the time being? And do I continue to pay these debts?

Also I have another debt to Barclays for an outstanding overdraft of £1300, they have sold this debt to RMA, who I am currently paying. I have had all my statements for that account back from Barclays and have worked out they owe me approx £1500 with interest. I have gone through the correct steps up until LBA, and am about to submit a claim via MCOL, as Barclays will only offer me £600, and this is to go towards my outstanding overdraft they say. However am I right in thinking that since they have sold this debt to a DCA they have no right to allocate my money to it???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xx

POPPY07

As you sent them on the 16th May, they have until the 7th June to send you

the information. If they do not, then they are in default and cannot pursue you for the debt until they supply you with the executed agreement etc.and from that date

you can cease payment if you want.

After a further month, should they still not have complied with the Act, they have committed an offence.

Once that occurs, the debt is unenforceable in a Court of Law until they can

produce the agreement and even then they will require a Court Order to

restart enforcing payment. However, they will have to admit that they have committed an offence and face a fine of up to £2500, so if the debt is

comparatively small, most companies will virtually write off the debt.

If you receive the correct paperwork from the DCAs [and many try to bluff at this stage when they can't supply the executed agreement] you can follow

up with an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the original creditor. This as you rightly say, is generally to

ascertain if any unlawful charges have been applied to the debt; how much

they total and then reclaim them to reduce the outstanding debt. If the DCA

has held your debt for some years, it is perfectly possible that they have

applied their own unlawful charges to the debt which is why you may see

it suggested that you S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) the DCA. And some DCAs are more prone than others to add charges.

With regards to Barclays, there is still some argument on whether banks

should pay the DCA the unlawful reclaimed charges, or the customer. The

best chance you have is to write on your MCOL that you wish for the refund

to be paid to you by cheque.

Wow, thanks! How do you get to be so knowledgeable!!!

Thanks for your help, will post any replies I get on here, so I can show this kind of scenario from start to finish.

If they cannot supply the correct information is that the debt written off?

Also you are saying I can send an SAR to the DCA, just as I have done to the bank?

Just wait for the moment then? I'll get my claim into Barclays in the meantime.

Thanks loads!!

xx

POPPY07

If they cannot supply the required paperwork, the debt is unenforceable not

written off.

They may decide to eventually write it off, but not necessarily straight away.

I would be inclined to hold off on the sar until you see whether they comply

with your CCA request. If they can't, and you decide that you do not want to

contiue payment, then it would be difficult to try and reclaim charges that

the DCA may have applied when you have elected to refuse to recognise

their is a debt.

Wow, thanks! How do you get to be so knowledgeable!!!

Probably by doing a lot of reading.:D

As lookinformoreinfo says hold off on the SAR. One because you may not have to use it (so you save yourself £10). Two the SAR could be argued as an acknowledgement of debt (if you live in England/Wales) and three if they write off the debt and you claim back charges there is the issue of enrichment to be dealt with.

The writing off of the debt is covered by statute - so the issue of enrichment as a debtor is not relevant. However, you would be claiming back the charges under common law so the issue of enrichment would apply.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm less informative than Poppy, so please could you explain what the CCA and SAR is and when and why you active a them.

Any information would be much appreciated. Have only been on this site 2 days and you all are helping me enormously in tackling my issues.

Shally. :)

Hi Shally,

A CCA request is a consumer credit agreement request. Basically you are asking the creditor to prove that the debt is yours. A consumer credit agreement is regulated by The Consumer Credit Act (normally the 1974 version of this Act) and as such must include certain information. If the creditor can not supply a copy of the agreement (or have incorrectly put together the agreement) the debt becomes unenforceable. The debt still exists - they just can't lawfully collect on it.

A SAR is a request for all information a company holds on you including your transaction history (including charges), their contact with you, default history, manual interventions on your account, etc. This is regulated The Data Protection Act.

Hope that goes someway to answering your questions.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks very much for the info.

Maybe I will need to use these along the way. early days for me yet going to wait and see what my creditors do with myd ebts first. Been on a DMP plan for 2 months so things are still trying to be sorted out.

Thanks again

Shally

• 2 weeks later...

Ok received this from Paypal dated the 18th May, though only received it a few days ago!! Anyway, here goes:

Paypal, Inc. Acc No.: 123456789

Account Creation Date: Jul.25,2005

Date of Charge-Off: Fe,28, 2007

Charge Off Amount: 758.88

Total Amount Due: -£773.58

Date Placed for collection with NCO Financial: 02/07

The above-captioned account has been referred to NCO Financial Inc. for debt collection efforts.

As you know, when you opened your paypal account, you agreed to be bound by the User Agreement for PayPal Service (the "User Agreement") by clicking "I have read and agreed to the User Agreement..." We are in receipt of your acceptance of the Paypal User Agreement. The amount due, which can be found after "Total Amount Due", is justly due and owing and remains unpaid.

The undersigned is a custodian of the records of this account. The undersigned states that the information contained within this notice is true and correct

1. a transaction details blah blah

2. a transaction details blah blah

3. buyer complaint, this is actually for a watch I sold, and agreed to refund, then when I received it back it was completely smashed!!

PayPay, Inc

By: Jane Lynam (signature printed name

Does anyone know what this means, surely this is not complying with my CCA request, wouldn't I have to sign something. Can someone help me please!!! What should I do next? I really don;t think I owe them this money!

Any advice would really be appreciated

xx

POPPY07

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the watch by recorded delivery!! But does that matter, he is not disputing that he received it. He received it and sent it back for a refund, but when I got it back it was broken, and it definitely was not like that when I sent it!!!

POPPY07

Received a reply from RMA friday, here goes:

Dear Dir/Madam

Unless suitable repayment terms are agreed immediately, we must return your debt to Barclays Bank Plc. We will recommend that they begin proceedings against you. We may then need to take steps to gather information as to your financial situation. Call us immediately upon opening this letter on 08717506685 to resolve this matter voluntarily.

RMA

I sent my CCA request to RMA on the 4th June, and this is all I have received from them! Absolutely no mention of the CCA request. Are they allowed to do this - just wash their hands of it?

Any ideas anybody on what I should do next?

POPPY07

Try this-

Dear sirs,

I am in receipt of your letter of .....June 2007 and am writing for clarification

of its contents.

On the 4th June I sent you a s.77 request under the Consumer Credit Act

along with the statutory fee of £1. You are thus compelled by Law to supply

me with a copy of my original agreement. Would you please explain why you think you can make any kind of recommendation to Barclays Bank when to date,you have failed to comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In fact,

a recent release by the Office of Fair Trading points out that your response to my CCA request is grounds for questioning your fitness to hold a

Consumer Credit Licence.

Would you please advise me when I can expect the delivery of the required

documents. I am giving you fair notice that failure to supply them, in view of

the contents of this letter I am responding to, will result in a serious complaint

initially to Trading Standards then escalating to the OFT.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours etc etc

poppy07 "will result in a serious complaint

initially to Trading Standards then escalating to the OFT". there you go tell em what you are doing! hopefully your threat will stop them threatening you:)

the depths we have to go to;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Ok I have typed this up, and also added a paragraph regarding the telephone harrassment I receive from RMA (I sent a letter to them asking them to stop with CCA). I basically said that they have ignored my request to stop phoning me and I am now making a log of the calls and recording them.

What d'ya think?

POPPY07

I've been scanning through the forum for a short while now and I've been reading about these CCA's and S.A.R., now I've been in debt for some time to Lloyds TSB and they passed the debt onto BLS some time ago...

I was recently made redundant so i took it upon myself to contact BLS and inform them of my situation, they asked me if i could inform them of how much I would be able to pay a month now that I'm unemployed and I agreed that I would try to pay something each month although I was unsure exactly how much I'd be able to afford.

After working out my present incoming and outgoings it turns out I'm actually paying out more than I have coming in yet BLS are still hassling me for payment.

Based on the information I've given you would it be worth me requesting a CCA to see if my debt contains any unlawfull charges and if so how would I go about it?

Any help would be appreciated thanx.

Dylan.

I've been scanning through the forum for a short while now and I've been reading about these CCA's and S.A.R., now I've been in debt for some time to Lloyds TSB and they passed the debt onto BLS some time ago...

I was recently made redundant so i took it upon myself to contact BLS and inform them of my situation, they asked me if i could inform them of how much I would be able to pay a month now that I'm unemployed and I agreed that I would try to pay something each month although I was unsure exactly how much I'd be able to afford.

After working out my present incoming and outgoings it turns out I'm actually paying out more than I have coming in yet BLS are still hassling me for payment.

Based on the information I've given you would it be worth me requesting a CCA to see if my debt contains any unlawfull charges and if so how would I go about it?

Any help would be appreciated thanx.

Dylan.

Hiya,

Firstly, yes, CCA request a good idea as creditors must comply with this. In practical terms, if you accept that you owe a debt and simply can't pay then you may want to speak to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 for free confidential independent advice on your overall situation - there may be benefits or tax credits you can claim to increase you income; they can also advise on options open to you in full.

Best of luck :)

Ok thanx, I'll try the national debt helpline then and see if there is anything I'm not doing that i could be.

If i was to go ahead and request a CCA would I need a particular kind of form or do I simply put my request in writing to the DCA dealing with my debt?