• Tweets

• I had to deal with these last year worst DCA I have ever dealt with. Just wait for the constant threats of CCJ and how you'll lose in court and how they won't do medication and they want the judge to question you with a load of "BIG" words to boot with the letter. My case was struck out in the end, stupidity on their part as I admitted to owing the debt in the end going through the court process was just a formality as they wouldn't let it drop despite me admitting the debt regardless. They didn't send the last part of the court paper work in so it ended up being struck out
    • Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

6 year limit

Azazal23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure what you mean here. You can claim back as far as six years. So if you areowed money gaiong back 7 years then you won't be able to claim the first one year.

hang on is this different to the natwest problem which we are dealing with?

So what is the story here?

I have the impressin that you had an account with Lloyds which was closed 6 years ago and that you were deafulted on it 6 years ago.

If this is the case, then you can only claim any charges which were levied for the last moth of the account as the rest will be timebarred.

Are there any other details?

If you have only asked for copy of statements, they have upto now sent these foc. If you have asked for a list of charges and details of manual intervention you should get a form from their data protection request team in Andover who will ask you for £10 to which they are entitled. You really should ask for details of any manual intervention. This seems to be the banks latest line of defence.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

So what is the story here?

I have the impressin that you had an account with Lloyds which was closed 6 years ago and that you were deafulted on it 6 years ago.

If this is the case, then you can only claim any charges which were levied for the last moth of the account as the rest will be timebarred.

Are there any other details?

Ive been having a little think about this,

Lets say for instance you have a number of charges that amounts to £2000 dating back to March 1999, The bank then defaults the account in 1999 and closes the account. The statute bared rule then starts from this time.

However, lets say that in march 2001 the bank have sent you a letter chasing you up for this amount, by virtue of the statute of limitations they themselves have restarted the 6 year period, In your favour, by acknowledging the amount is outstanding, so in theory the limitation date is now march 2007.

May be worth thinking about, if you fall into this catagory?.

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO PLAY THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME.

thats a very interesting point, ive been think along those lines aswell. Just a case of trying to think outside of the "box" ive also been wondering if they may have miss-sold me the account/upgrade to a select account. Why would an 18/19 kid who earns 30 per week want a Visa card. think they were chargeing me £3 permonth at the time for the privelidge. Im also thinking along that angle anyway, i have sent DPA request anyway to the DPA manger as addressed in the forum so will hopefully hear something bakc soon, i will keep you posted, many thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

I sent mine on the 8th March, by email and got a response within a couple of days (just an acknowledgement).

Finally got a real response on Friday 24th, saying to send them a cheque for £10, then they will send statements within 40 days of receiving it.

Quite happy for them to drag their feet as it gives me more time to see how others have done!

At the moment I'm wondering if I did the wrong thing not sending my DPA request by registered post.

I've sent it to them with a £10 cheque, I suppose it's only been a week ago, we'll see what happens......

Defaulted 19/04/2000 £ 4,541

Can any one help with this, around £2800 of the above default are charges. As the default is coming up to the 6 years can i still claim the charges back.

Also one the 19/4/06 passes will this default be removed from my credit record regardless of weather its settled or not.

What can i do if i disagree with the defualt

Bugger!!! what happens if obviously then the defualt was made up of illegal charges, can i request a copy of the pre default notice that was supposed to be sent to me before t was registered, i was working away at the time. If they cannot produce it would i have a case for it to be removed

Dealing with the default is very difficult. however, as the charges are a good proportion of the debt, maybe you stand a chance. We'll see.

For the moment, your problem is that you have a default which was entered nearly 6 years ago. This then must refer to charges which are applied over a period of time some of them more than 6 years old. Under the normal limitation rules, the claims are time-barred once they are older than 6 years.

However - Limitation Act 1980

32.--

• (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
    • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
    • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
    • © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

[*]the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ....

[*](2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty. . . .

I don't know if I need to explain the effect of this to you. The bank would certainly get excited about it as they would realise that this would open up claims for charges going back to the dinosaurs.

It all depends whether you are up for it - and of course whether it would work.

Fobbing you off with merely "we think the charges are fair and reasonable blah blah " if in fact they are not amounts in my view to deliberate concealment.

Once again it is experimental. it could take you into some serious litigation.

What I can say is that with the McNamara sound-file we have in the library, Lloyd's are the easiest target in this whole business. I hope that their lawyers read this.

You have to decide what you want to do. Do youhave all the details going back that far?

Im up for it believe me, I have all the time in the world and have a few hundred quid to spare to go to court. I have already sent the DPA and sent TSB an email yesterday to ask where they are up to, i got a reply almost instantly to say my statements are being prepared and are on there way soon.

Would you know if the Default can be removed after the 6 year period even if the account is not settled.

You will have to look it up in the CRA's websites. Let us know.

If the bank got really stuck in to litigation on this - and you lost then you would be talking bankruptcy.

On the other hand I would have thought that there wa a good chance of you winning but it would be a nerve-racking ride.

How much is owed?

How much of that is charges?

How far back do the charges go back?

Do you have an exact figure for the charges or do you need the DPA to find out?

bear in mind i was really only a student whne this happened, i was only earning around 120 per month and they upgraded my account to "select" with a VISA debit, thats cos around 3-5 per month thats when the charges stated coming and it snowballed from there

Yes it can be dealt with in the small claims court but if the banks realise - which they will - the basis on which you are using the LImitation act then they might make an issue of it which could potentially take it out of that track. This is why I say that it could be risky.

I think in the first instance i will tot up the charges and send them the initial letter. I wont make an issue of the 6 year limit until they do, could also make the point that they have contacted and updated my credit record since Arpil 2000 so could that be consrude as kinda re started the 6 year limit if they asked for payment after the default date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks