mcol judgement page what to do

icefall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am a member on MSE and I have someone asking me questions by pm, I have just received this message

hi ***

what it is... ive filled in mcol forms and the next day got back the question in the 3rd box (hope u knwo wat i mean) the box is headed 'judgement' i click on start and it asks ...

The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim

(Judgment by Default)

You will need to decide, how and when you want the defendant to pay. You can ask for the Judgment to be paid by instalment or in one payment.

or ...

The defendant admits that all the money is owed

(Judgment by Admission)

If the defendant has given a new address on the form of admission to which correspondence should be sent, update the defendant's details within the following Judgment request. what do i click on , when i click it it says continue. help what do i do?

thanks ***

I have informed them I have posted their query here as I don't understand it.

Right firstly Hi,

This box is basicly not of any interest to you at the moment, what it is for is IF BB (or whoever) fails to enter an acknowledgement by the correct date you can enter a judgement against BB for failure to comply, then you use this box and it will become live for you to be able to do so, or if they do not enter a defence in time, the same thing will happen.

So if they filled today with MCOL, they need to give 5 days for it to be deemed served which will bring them to the 26th, then from that date BB (or whoever) will have 14 days to acknowledge the claim, (they acknowledged mine in 1 day), then from the 14th date (it does not matter if they acknowledge early they still have the rest of the time) so on the 9th June at midnight they can use this box and enter a judgement. IF they acknowledge they then get another 14 days to enter a defence. So in total from today they have 33 days which brings them to 23rd June.

Hope this helps, basicly the box means nothing until they miss a deadline, then you can use it

I do tend to blab a bit, but hope you got it

Caz:p

thats just to start a judgement if barclays dont defend the claim in the 28 days they are given or admit they owe the money (which is very unlikely)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

caz not only beat me but explained it better as well lol :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!