Joint Account

STAR2544
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Star........... welcome on board the nat west forum!

Have a look here Business Claims - basic guide and

sample letter to your bank - business versionn as these should give you a few hints.

Good luck, hedgey xxx:p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I think the only difference for a joint account is that if two signatures are required, on cheques for instance, then probably both should sign the letters to the bank etc, particularly the SAR (because of s7(4) of the DPA)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Steven sorry to interrupt. My claims are both business joint accounts,and both myself and my partner have signed everything. Also just to add. If you are paid out by cheque that will also be in joint names. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

THanks Parkvale - helpful as always.

The other option would be to get one partner to write a letter ('to whom it may concern....') giving the other the right to act in this matter in their name - but only if it would simplify, eg if one partner is away on business a lot.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

hi Guys

Any signatory can claim even without the other signatory's permission,if in joint names you can request cheque to be payable to any signatory name or the trading name of the company........

there are also differences in the POC as u cant make reference to certain laws ,there are template letters for prelim LBA &POC for court papers...........PLEASE read some business threads if u not sure please post back on this thread and i will check it for you.......

THERE ARE DIFFERENCES .....MAKE SURE U CLAIM CORRECTLY

SCOTT