All help appreciated (birmingham Court)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi all I am as far as recieving the details of the banks defence and tranfer to my local court (Birmingham). I'm awaiting my court date.

I have downloaded to Bundles in preperation. I am a little concerned with the fact it is Birmingham where as everyone is aware the judge ruled in the banks favour. I know that his ruling is by no means set in stone but the impression I got after reading the Judgement is that the Judge put the onus on the claiment to provide evidence that the charges were excessive and that that the fee were a package rather than individual service.

How can I prove that the banks fees are excessive if they refuse to issue details of the admin costs?

Also I opened my account 10 years ago and dont have the original documents when I first opened the account. Does this matter and if so what can I do?

Furthermore do you think that banks will adapt a policy of letting the judge decide?

I would appreciate it if people could keep an eye on this thread so I can update with any developments and gain your advice.

PS I think this is a great site and its good to see so many people supporting each other in this way!!!!

from what i have heard barclays still settle out of court just before the court date. also the claiment that lost was against lloyds TSB not barclays.

I hope that gives you some encoragement

Anyway i wish you the best of luck

Barclays are indeed still settling, you should be fine.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06/11/2006 - no statements yet

Prelim Letter sent 13/11/2006

"Sorry you're unhappy" received 16/11/2006

LBA sent 27/11/2006

Reply to LBA with 50% offer received 01/12/2006

"Thanks, but no Thanks" sent 01/12/2006

MOCL filed 11/12/06 - deemed served 17/12/06

MOCL acknowledged 29/12/06

Non compliance with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/01/07

Statements Received 08/01/07

MOCL Defended 12/01/07

AQ received 17/01/07

AQ done and delivered 19/01/07

Court date 22/05/2007

I am still waiting for my Court Date. But I have noticed that many people have won by calling Barclays littigation team. I called up and was immediatly asked if I wanted to settle out of court. I said ideally yes and she said that she is going to speak to her accounts team to look at the charges. She is going to call me back this week sometime. I will be very interested to hear what she comes back with at this stage. Of course I will keep everyone updated.

• 2 weeks later...