Is your bank quoting the Lloyds victory to put you off claiming? - Contact the BBC

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Fiona - you did great.;)

When's the next stop on the tour of the worlds media outlets then?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Ahhh thanks guys, that means alot. I must say I was disappointed last night they cut most of it out, if that was my 15 mins of fame then I still have 14min 30sec left :-)

Yes Gary, been on BBC radio cleveland at 8.30 this morning in the studio no less! Got 2 CAG mentions in. It was about 5 mins chat on air with the breakfast show presenter. If you go on the BBC website later today and search radio cleveland you will be able to use the "listen again" service. I sound like I have a cold apparently, but fairly pleased with the answers, not much more I would have said, I think.

However, all that said am now going back to my normal life out of the spot light, hopefully. i cant imagine my 5 mins of fame will have rocked the Abbey but if its helped someone else to decide to start to reclaim then it was worth it. Fx

8) FoxyFiona

Excellent!!!!:D

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi there,

The radio interview is available on listen again, quite pleased with it, CAG gets a decent mention. you have to fast forward to 1 hr 17mins, lasts for about 8 mins.

Fx

8) FoxyFiona

I have just spoken to the news team also, I think there will be something on the bbc site tomorrow,;)

They also want a head and shoulder shot do you think I can find one, guess who takes all the pictures in my house. (the only decent one I have is full length with my lad in it I don't have any way to edit it either):(

I just want to add without you guys I could not have got what I did so thanks again for all your support

Great, well done Maria! Regarding the abuse orders, yes?

Wow!! Excellent! Now I really do want your autograph!!:D

Good work.;)

Thanks!:) Not at all though - you did the hard work, I just gave you a template.;)

Hi Guys,

Got my reply back from Inga, after sending the first letter of Garys. Dont think she likes me, she apologised to Conncat and I get this.......

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear.......

Thank you for your letter of the 23 May 2007 (received by us on 30 May 2007. Your views on the significance of th Berwick v Lloyds case are noted. It is not, however, correct, to say that Abbey has an strategy to intimidate claimants or dissuade them from pursuing legitimate complaints and Abbey does not agree that drawing your attention to the existance of the Judgement can reasonably be interpreted in that way or in any other way unfair or inappropriate.

It is disappointing that you do not wish to pursue settlement discussions at this stage. Abbey would like to resolve this case rather that have to continue to expend legal costs or management time in defending its position. If you wish to reconsider your position and have a discussion with me on that pragmatic basis then I would be very happy to speak with you.

Yours sincerely

Inga Kirkman

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas which why to go now?

8) FoxyFiona

Thats fine. We can work with that. She's stated she wants to settle so thats a good sign.

I'm still rushing around a bit at the mo - let me think about it for a bit and I'll have a suggested response for you by tomorrow morning at the latest.

No problem - in fact I must admit I do quite enjoy these little exchanges with Inga! To be fair though at least she and Abbey are communicative to a point - I'm used to dealing (or not) with Lloyds solicitors, who are a joke. Completely ignorant and uncooperative. I've always actually found Inga to be very courteous and professional.

go on Gary, fess up, tell us the real reason why you like dealing with Inga ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

It's louis wu who lusts after Inga's antipodean accent:p :p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

How dare you spread such ridiculous and unfounded rumours!:D

And, hut hum, I don't think you're one to talk about Abbey sols and their accents, do you?;)

message to Foxy Fiona,

Sorry to butt in this thread, but your comments made me chuckle:D , Maybe she likes people to put a row of kisses on their letters to her, those that do, get a nice response back.