Halifax refused to pay up - WHAT NEXT??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent Halifax a letter asking for them to pay back £1200+ of bank charges, I received their reply last week, which said: 'I AM SORRY TO ADVISE YOU I AM DECLINING YOUR COMPLAINT'. This is the reply I did not want!

What do I do now? I've downloaded a template letter (cant remember which site) to send them if this happens, asking for the money again, in the letter it says I should put the name of the court I will be using, do I send this letter or do I start court proceedings straight away? I feel really nervous about doing this!

Can anyone help please????:confused:

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi rory32, thanks for your reply, ive had a look at the letter, in this it says that i've had no response BUT i have, they have replied but refused to pay so i feel that this isnt the letter I should be sending, am i right? I'm sorry but i'm confused:confused:

pwdin, the letter follows the same principle of your situation either - 1. they have declined or 2. they haven't responded. Either way you should tailor the letter depending on your situation.

In your case just remove that paragraph and say something like 'despite my letter, you have refused to justify your charges and repay me. I therefore write to give you 14 days to refund my charges before I make a claim against you including interest'

williamtcforsyth, thanks for that, i will sort the letter out now.

I've got one more worry, I have in the last two weeks opened a seperate account with Halifax for my husband, he is currently working away so i've done this to enable him to have his own account so that I can try to keep an eye on what goes out of the main account as this is overdrawn and still going up due to the charges, what are the chances of them closing these accounts?? (the new account is not overdrawn) if they do my husband will be without any money and he is not due home for another 2 weeks!

That is the correct letter, you just need to alter it slightly.

You have failed to respond in a positive manner.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .