• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sharongina v hsbc: court hearing 28 june ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you whoever sent me advise through e-mail, I spent hours last night reading through your threads! beware you will have to be patient with me this is all new to me and I will need all your help!

The HSBC ignored my letters and when I rang them on the deadline they tryed to bluff me saying they had another 8 weeks to reply, so I am now at the stage where i have filed my claim form in and listed the charges in order. I had to estimate the charges from my credit card as they never sent out the statements after I asked for them they only sent out the current account statements, the amount I am claiming is £3524.18, D&G have filed a defence and have upto 30 May to put a defence in, this is where I am up to does anyone think I should try to write to D&G to try and get them to settle for say £3400.00, or should I wait?

I am a bit worried incase I have to go to court, I will need any help available as I dont know what happens next if anyoneis at the same stage as me let me know or any suggestions please help:confused:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you posted on whatawoman's thread last night - i answered this - but you maybe didn't see it - now you have your own thread it will make it easier to help you:

in answer to your question - they are perfectly within their rights to take the full 28 days to file their defence - so no letters necessary. they won't make an offer during this period.

however, you could and should send copies of your breakdown of charges - two to the court to be attached to you claim and 1 to dg to be attached to your claim - both with your claim number referenced.

after the 28 days - they will defend you then you can write the nudge letters you may have seen us talk about - you'll find the info in the two aq threads listed in my signature at the bottom of this post - post 1 of both threads have ideas for nudging letters to be sent to dg - but this is after the 28 days.

so, send a copy of your breakdown to them now - but nothing more - just a short cover note saying to attach it to your claim.

and start that thread so we can keep helping you.

my only other suggestion is making sure your breakdown (schedule of charges) is up to scratch - it should be on a spreadsheet by now - with all the charges - oldest first, by dates, names they are called on the statements and the amounts - is that how you did it - and then used the simple spreadsheet to figure the amount of interest you added to the claim when you filed the court claim.....

sharongina it will be easier for us to help you if you stick to one thread.

a simple list is fine at the moment but the spreadsheet will be more helpful by the time you file your claim with the courts. not only that, it works out the interest automatically for you.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

ok, you answered this:

Hi,

Thanks for that,

I didnt list through a spread sheet I hand wrote all the charges oldest to newest and highlighted statements, do you think I should do this on a spreed sheet?

and now, i'm answering you this:

did you include 8% interest on your claim or not when you filed the mcol?

also, do you know how to use the pm (private message)? i may need to see your particulars of claim - have you kept them?

your figures aren't in the best format for the court and the solicitor so let's see if we can clean it up -

so, did you include 8% interest?

Yeh,

Ill stick to this thread,

I think I said on the other thread I included the 8% by working out from calculater on money matters web page, but I shall print of a spreed sheet does anyone know if they will take into account the estimated charges I enclosed? I put in the letter to them as they never sent all the statements asked for I was left with no choice but to estimate the last six years for my credit card going by this years charges, also the HSBC are getting quite nasty now as I went overdrawn once this month and they are threatning to withdraw cheque book and overdraft bia bla bla..........

has the HSBC been like this with anyone else?

Im am prosuming I can do the spreed sheet frm this site??

that's ok so far - here is the link to the spreadsheet so you can get your charges onto it. we advise sending the simple spreadsheet (if you aren't including overdraft interest) and that will figure the 8% interest -

if you make the date the same as the date you used the other interest calculator - it will come out very close to the same total.

we also don't advise sending statements as the bank usually rejects this approach. so, let's you get your charges onto a spreadsheet and when you are happy with it - send it 2 copies to the court and one to dg.

England - Simple - Excel

England - Simple - Works

England - Simple - OpenOffice

now, next question - where did you get the particulars of claim from - did you copy them from a template - where? if it was on this site - then we are laughing as it will be done properly. not much mess to clean up.

don't get antsy - lots go wrong at the beginning and we can hopefully get it all tidied up.

i have to say i'm not up on the credit card charges and the estimating of them - but maybe someone else will help out with that bit.

so, get back with where you got your particulars (don't post them here) just tell me where you got them.

ok, i'm going to pm my particulars to you and i want you to compare them to yours - if yours don't use the particular legal bits then we may have to consider doing an amendment (costing £35 to repair them) let's see how we go. look for mine by pm in a minute or two.

ok, i've copied them off mse site and having someone take a look - they may be ok. i'll get back when i know.

right, i'm back again - the poc's shouldn't pose a problem taken from mse website so it's just the schedule we need to tackle.

we've seen before where people use moneysavingexpert and come unglued - mainly because their breakdown of charges isn't complete enough.

that's why i'm saying to put it on the spreadsheet and include the name of each charge as it appears on your statement - that's where they don't ask for enough info. it is likely that the solicitor's will return the list of charges saying it isn't workable. so, we are just getting them right before we send them to the court and dg.

we've actually got hold of this at just the right time - before you sent those lists to anyone.

so, keep working on getting those figures onto a spreadsheet and i'll get back about the particulars. and they are ok to use - as above.

Thanks for that!

Mine reads,

Claimant..............

Defendant.............

breif details, (I have put)

unlawful charges from HSBC from my bank accounts and credit card account in the last six years, to include 8% interest I am seeking the return of my money due to unfair charges under the terms of customer contracts regulations 1999 because they are dispropotionately high sum in comparison compared to the breech

Particulars of claim ihave put,

I enclose attached statements with highlighted charges and a list of % of interest.

Between 7/6/2001=10/4/07 the defendant debted numerous charges from me the claimants accounts, the charges are a unfair penalty under the unfair terms in customer contracts regulations 1999, because they are disproportionately high sum in comparison to the cost of breech.

Under the law of penalties the charges are unlawful extravagent pjenalty and under the county courts act the claimant is entitled to interest of 8% per annum from the date they were deprived of the money this totals £753.56 in interest accuring to the date rate of 0.021% until judgement of payment.

The claimant asks the court to enter judgement in their favour for £2714.50 plus interest totalling£3418.06p

I then also enclosed all the charges by date oldest date first, I didn't include

on it what the charges was for but I included the charge and by the side the charge with interest, but as advised by money expert I enclosed all statements and highlighted all the charges which said on the statments what the charges was for.

Can you let me know what you think and also if I do a spreed sheet will I have to pay to now include this or does this just get sent in with the questionaire, also what will happen if D&G dont submit a defence by the set date 30/5/07?

Thanks alot for your help

Sharon

Hi thanks for that but I have already filed my claim at court, (three copys)

D&G have acknowledged the claim and have up to 30 May to submit a defence

I havnt got a clue what to do next if they dont enter there defence or soething about a questionaire, Im not using this thread now but if you look at my other thread youll see what I put on my claim form

Sharon

yes, that would be a good idea - and would save you copying the statements out again - that's the point of the s/s really is to put all the charges by date, name and amount onto one piece of paper rather than sending statements -

i think let the claim go - as is - they no doubt will have seen it before in that format - but yes, try to get it onto a spreadsheet - dating it from when you did the interest calculator on mse and you should be pretty close on the figure. then send dg a copy and hang on to the original as you'll be using copies a lot - maybe to the court - but def to dg. so, give it a go and see how you come out - and try to get one to dg before their defence is filed (at the end of the 28 days) - put your court claim number on it for them.

Yeh thats what I thought send this in to D&G doing the spreedsheet today and I shall send into them recorded delivery tomorrow,

Do you know if they always put in a defence as I thought they might of done this by now, I was hoping they do nothing!

I'll have to see what happens but may need some help for when (or if) the questionaire arrives if they submit a defence.

Whats this I was reading on Ms Abys thread about having to send something in of 600 pages (a bundle) whats that as this bits all confusing???

don't worry about that now - probably won't happen.

as for their defence - yes, they nearly always defend and they nearly always take the full 28 days to do it - so you won't hear from them during this time.

the allocation questionnaire - usually they don't require it now.

both of these threads might give you an idea of what happens after the 28 days.When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

I today emailed all known at D&G to try and push for a offer, as I am concerned with this lloyds win, I emailed over and over and I got a response from Kate by email basically stating claims are dealt with in strict dated order but I will keep pushin and re-sending the e-mail may be this will work.

I was just wondering do D&G know about this site? I wonder if they look through? Proberbly dont have the time though, also doe anybody know if anyone has has a offer of settlement since the lloyds win?

sharon, i'm just covering this post as well, i've put this same information on the other two threads you've posted on today. you can read what i've said on them.

to you and anyone thinking that bombarding dg with contact will help - it will not - this is a very bad idea. please don't do it anymore.

thanks