Any advise welcome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending off my letter requestin payment in unfair bank charges of £1100 I received a letter back offering me £78 !!! can you believe it LOL ..So have responded by refusing this offer and also curious to how they calculated £78 I have sent off my LBA and they have till this friday 09/06 to reply. Has anyone had to start legal proceedings yet? would like to hear anyone who has and would be greatfull for any advise.

I have successfully retrieved charges for both myself and my ex-husband from Halifax and both times had to begin legal proceedings.

If you are on benefits you will need the N1 form (download in the library) as you may not have to pay the fee. (Exemption form also in the library)

If you are not on benefits its a lot easier to use the Moneyclaim online site.

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I have used both systems, the moneyclaim is easier and quicker but for some reason Halifax responded quicker to the N1 (could just be coincidence). By using Moneyclaim Halifax paid exactly 3 weeks after the claim was issued.

ON N1 they wrote to me offering full refund 10 days after the claim was issued. The money has just gone into my account today (6 days later) so really there isnt much difference between them.

The £78 they offered you is just to delay things, but dont let them, stick to your schedule.

Good luck

Natalie

• Confused 1

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hi Elbart,

Yep, legal action is starting every single day. Just look in the litigation section and have a read around the other forums to see how people are dealing with their claims. it warms the cockles of my heart!

Keep on, you're on the right path and you'll get your money without too much trouble. Stick to your timetable.

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Hi Elbarto,

I too have successfully claimed back all charges plus interest from the Halifax (£821), and yes I did have to start court proceedings. The fees for the court were also refunded by Halifax (£80 for mine).

I am in the process of claiming back charges with my second account I hold with them, and no doubt that will go to court too..lol!

Stick with you timescale and dont give up, you WILL get your money back!!

Good luck

Andrea :D

May 2006 - Halifax Account 1 - Settled in full :D

31 July 07 - Halifax Account 2 - MCoL Started :rolleyes:

Jan 07 - Capital One - Settled in full :D

April 07 - Barclaycard - Settled (partial) :D

August 07 - Lloyds TSB -

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, its the 7th day since my claim online was acknowledge and i've just checked my bank account online and noticed i've been paid £309.38 - the equivalant to just the interest calculated and £120 court cost........the full claim was for £1140.00 of which £189.38 is interst. Has anyone else been settled in full by seperate payments??? should I be expecting another payment? Or god forbid have i done something wrong!!!!! ??? :-(