sheeza_nutta V Nastywest

sheeza_nutta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I'm going to give this a go myself... we were actually trying to avoid this route, but here we are. a little background, we have altogether 4 accounts with natwest, 2 single (one each) and a joint and a savings account. i barely used mine till little over a year ago, when hsbc annoyed me enough to leave. my hubby had been using his for more than 9 years. his single account is now our joint and he opened a step account for his single acct. for the first 5 years he basically ran his account like crap, constantly getting charges etc, then i took over because it got stupid and we got back on track, until a few months ago he was made redundant and natwest basically did sweet FA to help and all they could to hinder. numerous charges etc. we wrote them a letter (which i will paste in the next post) and it was basically ignore, was returned date stamped with a slip saying we need to enclose a fee for statement release which we didn't ask for. because they didn't even bother to read the letter we decided we would take this step and try getting back all the charges.

we sent our fee on the 28th April, which they received (i sent recorded delivery) but have not heard anything since. is that normal?

I know it's going to be annoying and difficult for us, but we are determined.

Sarah

P.s i just wanted to say here that i am slightly dyslexic and sometimes spell check doesnt catch things, so in advance... sorry :)

first letter:-

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing further to a telephone conversation on the 10th March, 2007 with your call centre and again in the Chelmsford high street branch with one of your customer advisors on the 15th March, 2007.

On the 8th February 2007, my husband was made redundant from his full time employment; we then received his final pay cheque and a separate one thousand pounds. Unfortunately due to timing of funds going into the account etc a couple of direct debits were returned and this is where the main trouble in our account has started.

I am sure you can look back on your records and see that we have managed the account reasonably well- having had a few rough months due to the cut in overtime before finding out about the redundancy, but other than that we have been good customers, always crediting the account each month and paying off direct debits without fail.

On the 14th March 2007 my husband started a new job, (with a different branch of his old company) which is higher paid (a jump from XXk to XXk pa) , and I have also been offered 16 extra hours per month with my job, increasing my pay by almost an extra one hundred pounds per month. Obviously this will impact greatly on the running of our account, as we will have a higher gross monthly income, and due to a loan from our parents 2 months ago, we are now completely debt free, meaning we have much less outgoing.

It is with respect to this that I write to you to ask that from the period of employment to the date of his next pay cheque (25th March 2007) to have all the charges incurred on the account from unpaid payments refunded to our account. It is our hope that you will do this so that we may significantly reduce our overdraft on the joint account.

I hope you can understand that this period in our lives has caused us a enormous deal of stress and we hope that you, as our main bank will see fit to understand our position, and help us to reduce our overdraft and once again for us to become excellent customers.

Yours truly,

Mr and Mrs

2nd- statement release letter with some jazz...

Re: Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

We are disappointed we are in effect being forced to go by this route, because our previous letter (please see attached) was ignored and to our belief was not even read, as we received a reply regarding fees to release information which was not requested in the original letter.

Your item with reference DL013925035GB was delivered from our EAST LONDON Delivery Office on 30/04/07 .

Thank you for using this service

so they have until the 10th June?? right?

Hi

They have 40 days after the SAR to send your statements. This is real days, not Natwest working days.

If you have online banking you would be able to get last 6 months or so from there without having to wait. Obviously if you want to go back further you'll have to get charges via the SAR.

Once you get statements, then do a schedule of charges and send with a Prelim letter, giving 14 days to reply. If they don't respond, which they probably won't, except for a BOGOFF letter, then send an LBA (Letter Before Action) with another 14 days. Then if still no response or offer, issue court proceedings.

There's template letters and schedules in the library but I'm not technical enought to post a link - sorry! I'll have to work on that one!

Keep going - it's your money not theirs.

Lots of helpful people on this site if you get stuck.

Wendy

Hello sweetie.

I'm so glad your here and claiming back also. We'll probably be going through it at the same time also :)

I've heard that you can claim back more than 6 years now also so you could claim from the start for Ant, since he's been such a bad boy :lol:

Good luck lady!

NatWest:

23/4/07 - Requested statements NatWest

10/5/07 - Received 1st set of statements

12/5/07 - Remaining statements arrived. Proceeding NatWest claim for £2,235.14

14/5/07 - Pre-lim letter sent

01/6/07 - LBA letter sent

22/6/07 - Filed money claim at court! *gasp*

27/7/07 - Received official defence and bully cr*p!

LTSB:

23/4/07 - Requested statements LTSB

31/5/07 - List of charges received. Proceeding LTSB claim for £1,407.50

01/6/07 - Pre-lim letter sent.

09/6/07 - Received a 'bugger off' letter.

21/6/07 - LBA letter sent.

There's template letters and schedules in the library but I'm not technical enought to post a link

Here is the link for LBA: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...
still not heard anything from NatWest and no statements either. dont they know i brought new highlighter pens to mark the occasion??? lol

But as you noted above, they have got until 10 June. Just make sure you keep the cap tightly on the new pen until then!

Steven

its just driving me bonkers!!!! i know of two people who sent theirs only a couple of days before me and both have had the statements back and sent off the next letter plus they both recieved a letter from natwest acknowledging the request.

im just concerned it will be *lost* arghh lol

If I were you I'd send another letter today gently reminding them of the 40 day compliance and now have 4 days left.

NatWest:

23/4/07 - Requested statements NatWest

10/5/07 - Received 1st set of statements

12/5/07 - Remaining statements arrived. Proceeding NatWest claim for £2,235.14

14/5/07 - Pre-lim letter sent

01/6/07 - LBA letter sent

22/6/07 - Filed money claim at court! *gasp*

27/7/07 - Received official defence and bully cr*p!

LTSB:

23/4/07 - Requested statements LTSB

31/5/07 - List of charges received. Proceeding LTSB claim for £1,407.50

01/6/07 - Pre-lim letter sent.

09/6/07 - Received a 'bugger off' letter.

21/6/07 - LBA letter sent.

Do you know of the DPA non-compliance letter?

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.