Nick vs HSBC

Grassfinch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, here goes,

1) I calculated how much my bank owed me £425 (up to 13/02/07) and sent the first letter on 1/3/07. - After 17 days I got a reply saying HSBC were looking into my claim but nothing more.

2) I then sent the second letter on 22/03/07 (Letter Before Action) for the same amount. - After 14 days, not a sausage from the bank.

3) In the meantime, I was charged another £150 by the bank so I repeated the LBA on 17/04/07, this time for £575 (charges up to 13/04.07). After a further 14 days, no reply from the bank.

4) So, now I go to the MCOL website and enter the details of my claim for £575. I have saved the claim on the site but not submitted it yet as I have a query about the court costs. It's going to cost me £80 to subit the claim but If (and I hope I do!) win, how will I get the £80 back?

Do I just add the £80 to the £575 I'm claiming, or will it automatically be refunded to me?

Thanks. :)

check out this link Nick for getting the MCOL right

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tml#post614610

you need to make sure you include the fact that you're claiming the 8% interest in your Particulare of Claim

same goes for the daily interest if you're going for this too

the fee gets added on as you go through & pay.

when you send DG (HSBC's solicitors) a breakdown of your claim you will add this on so it becomes part of your claim & yes you will get it back :)

Well, as if by coincidence, as soon asked for help with the MCOL, I get a letter from HSBC this morning offering me £680!!!

Why are they offering me £105 more?? (Not that I'm complaining!!)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: