Been paid twice!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been helping a close relative with claiming their bank charges and Natwest agreed to settle back in late Feb before we took them to court. Well two weeks ago he recieved another letter from Natwest, identical to the first except with an incorrect christian name (everything else including acct details correct) offering again to settle the claim in full! He decided to take full advantage and signed the form and sent it off, thinking the error would be spotted and he could claim ignorance.

Anyway he has received his bank statement and the money had been paid in!

He isnt going to spend it as the error is bound to be spotted, so the money will be stashed away for now, but has anyone else experienced this? Also does anyone know how long he could reasonably wait for it to be spotted before he can go spending!?

Thought it was quite funny really!!

Love A

perhaps its a new ploy...........

they are giving him his money up front so they can reclaim it in batches of £38.................

Or THERE IS ANOTHER WAY (we just give people money free)

Im hoping they pay me as well my win was £36,000 LOL

Scott

I had this happen with a Barclays Claim, but they totally messed up the whole thing, they sent me a cheque and then paid the money into my bank, they then cancelled the cheque and then removed the money they put in, only to issue another cheque.

If it was me I would put the money into premium bonds, nice and safe in there and you never know they might win ;)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

I hate to be the party pooper here - but the only proper and correct thing to do here is to inform nat west of their mistake and hand the money over. By accepting the offer and payment twice, he's acted in a manner that I personally feel could be construed as 'fraudulent' e.g., he took the second lot of money knowing full well they'd already paid him. If I was him, I'd act daft and own up before nat west realise what's happened and make a proper issue out of it.

Soz again to be a party pooper - but I don't think anyone should drag themselves down to the same level as the banks! Hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest littlesally

With Hedgey here. It is really risky to hold on to this money.

Read this .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/84079-unknown-thousands-my-bank.html

They will find out and he could be charged if he does not inform the bank.

The bank will probably just take it back with no warning.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with all this kind of thing.

And much more,

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

sally x