missmoneyspent v Abbey

missmoneyspent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Hvae recently spoken to Abbey and they have agreed to a partial refund and to send a stalemate letter for the amount owing, can anybody tell me what this letter is about?

many thanks

Shonay

ps i will be pursing claims against them once i have properly read all thses threads

MissMoneySpent,

Never heard of a Stalemate Letter before. I would imagine that it will be a letter stating that you agree a sum of 50% in full and final settlement ie. you will not pursue them for the rest.

Ignore it!! If you haven't already, send them the prelim letter, wait 14 days, LBA letter, wait 14 days and if you haven't got a 100% settlement agreed by then it's time for the County Court Action.

It's simple really!! DO NOT AGREE to a 50% settlement. Who would you prefer to have YOUR money, you or them!!!

Keep us posted how you get on ...... and Good Luck!

Is it the letter they send if they have dealt with your correspondence as a complaint? It means you can refer the complaint to the Ombudsman. If it is tell them this isn't a complaint, it's a claim and start with preliminary letter.

Give yourself some time to read up, there is a lot to take in!

Good luck

Sounds like it will be the

We have investigated, our charges are fair, other banks charge blah blah blah

If its in response to your preliminary request send in the LBA if it was in response to the LBA and the time has now elapsed then get it to moneyclaim.

Good luck

Just go ahead and claim. When it gets to them offering you money then you add in all other charges placed on your account in the meantime, obviously making sure that everybody knows this. In any case the interest adds up until the day they settle in full.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Putting in my DPA claim today with a postal order, was told i could not pay in the bank and had to do it through my account, but the account is over drawn so any money put in will just be swallowed, can i do it by postal order?:???:

Putting in my DPA claim today, was told i could not pay in the bank and had to do it through my account, but the account is over drawn so any money put in will just be swallowed, can i do it by postal order?

MODERATED please keep to your original thread when updating.

yes you can some banks are trying to say you can't as a delay tactic but it is legal tender so you can.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

missmoneyspent vs Abbey

I have just spoken to some one at the head office complaints department, i have told if i have any difficulites in gaining all my info i will be coontacting him direct and he said this was fine, he also assured me i would recieve all data held on me including those on microfiche, if i don't can i use this in my claim against abbey, it was not recorderd but i have the name and time of call noted x

Thanks Mjanet

I have put in my DPA and paid £10 cash, Girl was very helpful, also assured me that i would recieve statements in full and untampered, will hold them to this!!

ABBEY: DPA & £10 handed in 13/06/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Ok I have only recieved statments from october 2004 up till now, and the microfiche letter about the rest not beng under the data protection act, dated 21/06/06, but only got it a few days ago, so am now sendng the microfiche argument letter, is this the correct one?

DPA sent 13th June

Just Spoken to Sheena Small, and she basically told me she has spoken to the information complaints commissioner and that microfiche is not held under the data protection act, because it is not held on a computer sytems therefore the act is not relevant, that held on each microfiche is over 200 accounts on each microfiche and and something like 98000 files microfiches that it is a piece of plastic with all this info!!!

however she would call their bradford office to find out the staus of my request, i have already sent the Microfuche letter and was calling to find out whether she had recieved it as of yet. Now i'm highly dubious of this and was wondering the best way to proceed, was going to call the the Information Commissioner and find out their stance on the matter

Data Protection Act request Sent 13/06/06 rep rec 21/06/06

Microfiche letter sent 05/07/06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Dear All,

I have been away too long and have to put bank charges on hold due other problems, but now ready to take the bank head on, however they are taking me to court over unpaid overdraft repayments. In Light of this would i be able to make a counter claim for my charges at the same time thus creating a case where by my refusal to pay them relates to the banks charges that keep occuring on my account?

many thanks

Miss Spent

Robertxc had a case like this and that's what he did. However it does mean that the Abbey are in control and can withdraw the claim without giving you a full refund. You could try a belt and braces approach of filing a defence against their claim as well as starting your claim again. Have a search for Robertxc's thread - it was a long one I think and quite an old one plus think about starting your claim again. I suspect you may have to do your preliminary letter and LBA letter again.

Can a mod have a look at this just to check my advice please?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Just recieved a letter from abbey basically saying sorry and they will investigate my complaint and will write to me in four weeks time. Not good enough!

I would like to know if i should amend the LBA to take into account their reply, on the LBA it mentions not replying :-|

thanks

Miss Spent

I got the same reply just before I was about to send the LBA. I modified the LBA to say.

I am very disappointed that you chose to respond to my letter of the 18th December 2006 with a standard letter and leaflet.

Hope this helps, good luck with your claim.

13/11/06 - Request for statements made by phone

18/11/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent by recorded first class post

21/11/06 - 10 duplicate statements received

22/11/06 - Letter from Abbey requesting £10 and a request to complete their form

15/12/06 - Received statements for last 6 years

18/12/06 - PRELIM LETTER sent

03/01/07 - LBA LETTER sent

17/01/07 - GOGW received & accepted as part payment

19/01/07 - N1 posted to Court

28/01/07 - Claim deemed served

30/01/07 - Abbey filed an acknowledgement to defend

17/02/07 - Received defence and offer of 50%

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou davenport, i sent the letter that day and still have heard no reply, so onto the money claim, i have read the particulars but would like a bit of advice if anyone can help, bit worried about how i go about claiming. i do not hav a credit/debit card so i have to go the court and do it over the counter how much does this cost, is the claim form still the same?

thankou in advance