lloyds tsb

herbs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I recently started my claim for charges with lloyds tsb.They sent me back a really patronising letter stating their charges were fair, so i strated legal procedings and asked for an additional £1000 in damages, not sure if that was the right thing to do, but i have a bad credit rating because of defaulting my overdarught due to their chargs, and i am really peeved.

Guest louis wu
Hi there I recently started my claim for charges with lloyds tsb.They sent me back a really patronising letter stating their charges were fair, so i strated legal procedings and asked for an additional £1000 in damages, not sure if that was the right thing to do, but i have a bad credit rating because of defaulting my overdarught due to their chargs, and i am really peeved.

Herbs, you really need to have a rethink on what you are doing. You say you have started proceedings, what stage is that?

Give some details and we'll help.

Louis

Hi to you all, this is my first (nervous!) post with CAG. I really look forward to making a positive contribution in this forum as well as gaining help in making a successful claim. I have had an acceptable settlement offer from one bank so far, a private account. My quest here is in connection with a Lloyds TSB business account and and a claim approaching £2500 inc interest. I have taken all appropriate steps and have already proceeded with action in the HMCS Money Claim on line. I have been notified that the bank has until May 22 to respond. However, this being a business account I believe that I have dropped a clanger(:oops:) because the proceedure I followed was for private accounts. So..... Should I cancel this action and proceed according to what I am learning here? I am pretty certain on research that the banks defence will be that Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 and Unfair terms in consumer Contracts Regulations do not apply to business accounts. Or at least that my proceedure is incorrect. I would appreciate your comments please.

Guest louis wu
i have filed a claim with the small claims court 1 week ago

Herbs, thats no good, you've got to give proper details as to how you came about submitting your claim.

Amounts, dates, all previous correspondance etc,

Louis

Guest louis wu

Diego,

You need to start a thread of your own

Go to the Lloyds forum and find the 'new thread' button and away you go.

Its essential you read the FAQ's as you need to know what the process of claiming back your charges is all about, and the only way to do that is to read everything you can.

Louis

Hi Louis. I sent my 14 day letter on 6 th april, lloyds responded on 16th april stating that their charges were fair and they wouldnt be refunding them, so i phones them up and a customer service representative told me i should take them to court. So i wited for the fourteen days to elapse and filed my claim with money claim online on 26th april served on 1st may. for £2773.19 + £221.85 interest and £1000.00 damages and a daily rate of interest of £0.13. The damages are because i have a bad credit rating because of their charges and im really fed up with being bullied by big corporations, have i messed it all up.

Martin

Guest louis wu

The procedure is

preliminary approach...14 days

LBA...14 days

N1/MCOL for the claim plus interest.

In my opinion, you have no chance of the £1000, but I dont know the implications of it on the rest of your claim.

If you have a default due to charges then you could add the removal to your claim, if thats the case I will look up the correct way of doing it for you.

You need to have a read of the FAQ's just to get familiar with this process, as the bank will defend and you still ave a fair amount of work to do. If you don't know what your doing at this stage, it could get very costly for you.

I notice you have lots of issues going on at the moment, Lloyds, barclays, aol, so it is imperitive you do some serious research as to whats involved, dont forget, its your claim and its involving court action against huge multi-national institutions. You must realise any mistakes will be spotted and you will have a hard time arguing a lost cause against experienced solicitors/barristers in court. So, make sure you know what your doing and that you do this properly. Its not too late, but you must learn fast

Louis

I'll move this thread to Lloyds for you....

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Cheers Louis, i looked at the FAQ very helpfull, with my lloyds tsb claim i am paying off a loan through their debt recovery office and have a "no lending" tagged onto my account which has proved really awkward. My barclays claim has a default for missing the first payment of a loan made up of paying back an overdraught on a business account and has been passed to a credit recovery agencie. i expect you are right about the £1000 damages,I will do some more research and keep you informed thanks for the advice,its not at all simple is it.Martin