Me vs Them- Lloyds!

minnie2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I just wondered if anyone out there could advise me. I have looked through lots of threads but cannot seem to find anyone at the same stage as me. ( if I have missed it please accept my apologies! ). Following all the (very valuable ) advice from CAG I began my claim for bank charges with LLoyds TSB in Febuary. Total charges for the past 6 years amounted to 3,141.50 ( yiks!! ) . I received what I now understand to be a standard reply from the infamous Debbie Gilbert saying that the charges were not 'default' charges but 'prices for services'. I then wrote back ( 12.03.07 ) using a template from CAG stating that the letter was not satisfactory and that the response was an attempt to 'cloak' the charges and discuise them as something they were not. After 14 days I received no reponse. I then proceeded to Small Claims and added interest to the sum ( with slight adjustments to ensure all charges fell within the 6 year period ) = £ 3761.00. I made my claim through the Lambeth County Court and the Notice of Issue deemed the claim served - 19th April, with 3rd May the date for response by defendant.

Stay with me.....

Next I received a letter from LLoyds dated 24th April ( postmarked 1st May ) which seemed to be a standard response letter ( no mention of the Court Claim ) thanking me for getting in touch with them, and offering £750 as full and final settlement. I thought nothing of this as it is so close to the date required for response to the Court Claim - 3rd May - yesterday. Today however I discover that a deposit has been made into my account of the £750 !! called a 'Goodwill Payment'.

I am now not sure how to proceed. I wish to wait and continue with my claim and do not wish to accept £750 as full and final settlement. But the funds are in my account! Does anyone have a similar experience of thoughts on what I should do?? I really appreciate you reading through all this.....Minnie:)

Well I have read wat you have rote and its really intresting how long this has been going on with you. I have not been in the position of you yet but sure i will be but anyway i think the reason they have just put the £750 into your account is because they no that they are in the wrong and they have probly recieved the court case notice they wanted to get you mayby out of the way. not to sure but if i where you i would contact the bank and tell them to take that money back and tell them that you want to proceed in the court case as if you win this you can get alot more then wat they offering u.

Hi Minnie. Don't worry. This is all fairly standard. The £750 Gesture of Goodwill often crosses with the submissions of claim at the Court. It certainly did with my case: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/63865-irishrose-lloyds-tsb.html

Send Lloyds the template letter rejecting their offer -- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html -- and plough on regardless. You don't need to advise the court of the payment at this stage.

As far as I know, Lloyds don't ever take back the GOGW payment once it's hit your bank account. So enjoy.

Hi There, I really appreciate your reply!! Thankyou. I now know that Im not alone!! I will do as you advised and send off the regection letter. Have read through your case and it is really interesting. I'm a bit dauted by the AQ process, so may ask for help again.....hope you don't mind.

Thanks again, M:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help guys. CAG has been fantasic!! :) :) :) :)

Got a settlement letter from LLoyds Solicitors ( I am a platinum account holder ) this morning. Will settle in full with interest and court fee's"!! Hurrah. £3,700! Have to sign a letter and agree to terms - making arrangement to have an account review. Am guess I just agree??? Thanks again....

Looks like SCM have been busy as i also received the same letter this morning from then asking me to do the same, do we just agree to all their terms and sign it?? Also if we default on any of the terms at a future date will there be any repercussions, does anyone know??

Well they have agreed to settle, there can be no provisos over that, so you do not have to agree to the terms. Some do some don't, it is your call. I did not agree to any conditions.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Congratulations!!:D :D

There is a letter in the link below to send to the Solicitors, rejecting the conditions, if you need it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/48032-jakena-barclays-4.html?highlight=acceptance#post718754

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)