Recieved "goodwill"payment...i m a newbie,help?

carlafandango
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I recieved a letter from Lloyds (1/5/07)saying that they will pay me £750 (they owe me £2894). The money has already been paid into my account! I think I want to take them to court, but what do I do about money in my account? I have read through some of the threads but im confused, do I send a letter refusing the money, take it as part payment, THEN take them to court? The letter said this was full and final settlement. Can someone help? Carla :?:

You can either send then a rejection letter (see link below)

or

Send them a 'jiggled' rejection letter stating that you will only except the £750 as 'part payment'

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Hope i have helped, if so please click the scales

:p

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

How about this.....

Re: County Court Claim Number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I respectfully decline your offer of £xxxx.xx as full and final settlement of my claim.

My claim is for £XXXX.XX as outlined in my Particulars of Claim, plus court costs of £XXX.XX, and this claim will continue until payment is made in full.

I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement, however, i will except the money transfered to my account as part payment towards that which is being claimed and shall inform the court that this payment has been made.

Should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£xxxx) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

• Haha 1

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

Thank you so much. Do you know if I can touch the money in my account? Do you know of a link that will tell me precisely the steps |I should follow to take them to court? Do you know if anyone has been unsuccessful?

Thank you so much. Do you know if I can touch the money in my account? (Personally, i would withdraw it and put it in another account if you have one....not Lloyds though) Do you know of a link that will tell me precisely the steps |I should follow to take them to court? (see links below) Do you know if anyone has been unsuccessful? Not to my knowledge)

Hope that helps, if so please click the scales

XxXxX

:p

I WON !!!!