cancellation Natwest PPI help/advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

itook out a personal loan with natwest in januarywith a loan protector or PPI to pay back somedebt. however, at the end of march i cancelled my PPi has it was expensive ,conidering that i work for only 18 hours a week as i found a new one way much cheaper only £1.18 /month. anyway i cancelled thay told they will refund the amount of the loan insurance plus any premium paid as i didn't make any claim on it , the total amount to be refunded was 1171.80. howeveer they only refunded me about 600 pounds there reasons that thisa the money they will refund if i made a cliam on it and i said well it is not specified that on you r contract that everything will be refunded in all as provided in their clauses.

so i am thinking to write to them claiming all back minus the difference already refunded on the loan . do i have the right to claim it back ? and if so do i give an ultimatrum on the letter to natwest ? thank u for any advice given?

dsoory i forgot to mention the laon was for 2000 pounds and total ammoujnt payable 4471.20 which 1171.80 is for insurance loan. tone of the clause mention:

"customer service: your right to cancel .... if you are not completely sasitfied, return the certificate within 30 days of receipt to your branch whowill cancel the cover fromthe commencement date and refund any premium paid, provided no claim has been made on the policy ( which i didn't !!) during that time >.

if the loanProtector insurance may be cancelled an any time during the term of the laonif this is done the premiumwill be rebarted and use by the bank to diminish the amount owed ...." can i still claimed it all back ?

If the PPI was Mis-Sold to you then you can claim for it all back plus Interest.

Have a look through this sticky, It may give you a better Idea for your next move etc.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

Good Luck and if you need any Help Just Shout..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.