Barclays & PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i have a current loan with barclays bank with PPI on.

My problem is, the PPI was pushed on to me, and basicly the bank manager said in not to many words when taking the loan out, no PPI, no loan.

The PPI if not of much use to me as i am self employed and it doen't cover much for the self employed.

When i contact barclays regarding this, they bluntly say you will have to take out another loan without PPI, pay your current loan off with the new one, and start all over again.:x

This is not what i want, all i want to do is get rid of the PPI.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I have posted some notes on PPI here, It may help if you have a read through them and there are also a couple of template letters there that may be of use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

You say that all you want is the PPI removed... Surely you will want anything that you have paid for PPI refunded with Interest too,,

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi,

I have posted some notes on PPI here, It may help if you have a read through them and there are also a couple of template letters there that may be of use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

You say that all you want is the PPI removed... Surely you will want anything that you have paid for PPI refunded with Interest too,,

Ian

I agree ABSO BL**DY LUTLEY:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Barlcays have just refunded my PPI, on a loan taken out four years ago, refunded the interest and given a goodwill gesture enabling the loan to be cleared.

You have to keep pushing them, and then demand a deadlock letter from them in order to pursue this with the Ombudsman. This generally scares the Bank into backing down. It worked with me. No phone calls or face to face, just write to John Varley, it gets taken up by head office then.

Mine was quite funny, in that they couldnt produce the paperwork where we had 'signed up for PPI'. The icing on the cake for me was that if they had produced it, we would have cliamed mis selling as the wife was 3 months pregnant at the time and PPI would have been denied on those grounds alone:D

Well done Ash,

We like to hear of winning cases here, It encourages others to continue the fight against the blatant Mis-Selling of Rip Off PPI.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Barlcays have just refunded my PPI, on a loan taken out four years ago, refunded the interest and given a goodwill gesture enabling the loan to be cleared.

You have to keep pushing them, and then demand a deadlock letter from them in order to pursue this with the Ombudsman. This generally scares the Bank into backing down. It worked with me. No phone calls or face to face, just write to John Varley, it gets taken up by head office then.

Mine was quite funny, in that they couldnt produce the paperwork where we had 'signed up for PPI'. The icing on the cake for me was that if they had produced it, we would have cliamed mis selling as the wife was 3 months pregnant at the time and PPI would have been denied on those grounds alone:D

Excellent well done:D

I agree you have to push them all the way:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the info, it great to hear other people winning there cases and encourages me to fight them all the way on this.

Does any one know which is the best Barclays address to send the letter to.

Cheers.

Initially I wrote to Shannon (PPI offices), but then fired the first salvo to John Varley at head office, which got the case assigned to someone in head office.

I am now going after Barclays for referral fees. (2 accounts 6 years £16k approximately)

And I am a loyal customer!