Quick Halifax Question for a Friend.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I am currently reclaiming my charges from HSBC, i told a friend at work and he's gonna clain off Halifax. Now my question, i told him cos he has interent banking he can get all his charges off there, he has rung me and cant find them. Does anyone know if it is possible or can give me the directions it takes to get to them, as i dont bank with Halifax, i cant tell him where to look or even if they have 6 yrs of statements on there?

Or will he have to send the 40 day letter?

Thanks

In English?

In English,from a Scotsman, Start by sending a SAR then read,read,read and everyone will know what you might mean.

I have interent banking too and I didn't not get my statements from anyone apart from the bank like.

He can send a 40 day letter but can he send one to me because I've never not not seen a 40 day letter. If you mean a SAR - OK If you mean a Prelim - OK If you are ready to go to court - OK AGAIN!!!

What do you want to know????

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Try it this way

He has internet banking

Some banks you can access the last 6 yrs statements thro internet banking

He says he cant find them

Can you with Halifax

If so what sub menu do you use to get there.

This is the jist, it just saves sending the sar if he can access his charges and list them now.

If you cant then he will send a sar, but like i said i cant help him as i dont bank with Halifax and dont know what information you can access thro their internet banking and i know he isnt that computer literate.

Hi Wednesday. I can get 6 years worth of statements from HSBC but can only get the last month on Halifax. Your friend will probably have to do a SAR. I am sure that someone on this forum rang Halifax up, paid a fiver and they got 6 years worth that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi

I rang the Halifax asking them not to charge me £39 for an unpaid cheque, which they wouldn't. I then said about the CAG and he became more helpful and said that he could send me the statements and the charge would be £5. I asked about what Halifax would do and he said they wouldn't close the account and it shouldn't affect anything. I asked him to send the statement. I received them about 10 days later and it has taken me until today to be brave enough to start reclaiming £1,202 in UNLAWFUL CHARGES. I am still waiting for the £5 charge to be applied.

Suze