Mbna

blidge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had to sell our house last year, to avoid having it repossessed due to horrendous debts. We had been paying MBNA for four years after puttoig ur debts with DCM, when they discovered we were selling their debt collectors decided to go for a charge on the property, and it all happened without our knowledge. There was a delay in us finding out as they didn't sdupply the correct information, and wrote not to us, but to a girl in the office at DCM (who had no idea what it was all about!) so we only discovered it when the court wrote to us to inform of the forthcoming judgement.

The original debt was some two thousand less than the amount of the charge (despite the four years of payments) However the charge was satisfied a few months later whenthe house was sold, and we out it down to bad experience.

However when we tried to open a parachute account, because of our current fight with Nationwide, we were refused, and having our dredit file from Experian we couldn't understand why, as there was nothing untoward about it. We then discovered that MBNA had not recorded the CCJ satisfied, and that the record only appears on the property registry. I have contacted our solicitor who paid them, and he says this is completely out of order, and is writing to their solicitor to demand the satisfied CCJ is recorded.

In the meantime, I do not have any statements, as they were all forwarded to DCM who don't have the anymore.

How far back can I request statments from MBNA, and how likely am I to be able to get the unfair charges back, as this extortionate debt is now settled?

It appears to me that there are a number of issues here - not sure legally where you stand regarding a charging order being placed without your knowledge but may be worth looking into.

Regarding your charges SAR them for all data they hold and get the ball rolling you will get them back just depends on how they play it as to how long it will take but if you have any problems along the way keep posting or log onto the live chat area for help - start a new thread yourself - v - MBNA and you wilol get loads of advise

Best of luck

Don't hold your breath though, I've been fighting with them since November last year to get my SAR, I finally recieved it about 2 weeks ago, and it only covers the last 12 months of the account. They claim they only have to keep information for 6 years :rolleyes:

I'm off down the "estimated charges" route now, let them disproove my figures in court :D

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum