• Tweets

• Rhys, don't go into panic, please. These people are just scam, they write dozens and dozens of emails per day, just waiting for someone that goes into panic and join their 'friendly solution'; it's like the the email from the prince of Nigeria asking you for some money, same thing. They are nothing, ignore them, they have no power. I know you can be scared but believe me, you can sleep peacefully.
    • i wouldn't of bothered to ever reply myself. simply invites pointless letter tennis. dx  
    • Maybe post a draft up here for the team to take a quick looksee before you send it?
    • Perfect thank you. I will try that next then. Thanks for the advice
    • Hello all, following this thread I opened about one year ago: I waited a year before posting again about this, because sometimes you can find similar discussions but with no follow up, and when someone receives such email may go into panic and wants to read something comforting. Well, my last email to that 'kind person' was dated may 2023 and it said that the ip address was not belonging to my company, nor to any person working in my company, and that I didn't know how they could link geographical coordinates to my company. My last sentence was that they could request to the internet provider releasing that ip address name and surname of the owner, and that they would find that it didn't belong to my company (and btw...this was the truth). I also added that I had to report him to local authorities if he continued to write to me or to any of my colleague. STOP. He still replied that geographical coordinates are provided by wifi triangulation. Pathetic...this email had no reply from me. From then, no new email from these people. So advices are still valid, ignore totally.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My first letter has been ignored....

stephi103
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well we sent it 2 weeks ago yesterday and I asked for them to reply within 14days.

I will give them another day as its bank holiday but where do I go from now? Dn't want to get funny straight away but don't want them to think im not serious. Its around £1300 for 2 accounts.

Have you read the FAQs?

There is a step-by-step guide. Read that thoroughly and you will know what to do next.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Stick to the timetable YOU set out in your letter. If no response, then send the LBA giving them another 14-days and if still no response after that, do what you said you would and issue a claim against them.

No point making a threat and not carrying it out is there?

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

UPDATE!!!!

Well looked at my online statement and they have refunded half the largest amount and thats it, I have 2 accounts and one had £950ish and the other had £460

They have sent no letter or anything, I was hopeing to get the full amount? Should I get the whole amount???

They have Thanksed me for my letters and they say

I am unable to grant your request on one of my accounts due to a previous refund :confused: :confused: :confused: If I was it was only 1-2 refundes due to THEIR mistake. However I can comfrim that we've refunded x amount to the other account'

What do I do from here??? I don't understand why and I would like the whole ammount which I am entitled to. These are large amouint of money oweing me

£940 on one account and £460 on another.

You should firstly keep your posts in one thread... It keeps things tidier and then others know exactly what you have come up against without having to look all over the place...

Perhaps you might like to re-post this in your original thread and a mod could lock this ?

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Threads merged - please try to keep all posts relevant to each claim in a single thread - thanks. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They have Thanksed me for my letters and they say

I am unable to grant your request on one of my accounts due to a previous refund :confused: :confused: :confused: If I was it was only 1-2 refundes due to THEIR mistake. However I can comfrim that we've refunded x amount to the other account'

What do I do from here??? I don't understand why and I would like the whole ammount which I am entitled to. These are large amouint of money oweing me

£940 on one account and £460 on another.

Did you send DPA request ? Do you have proof of all charges/refunds that have gone across your account ? Take off the refunds from your claim and continue... They are only trying to stall and way-lay you...

Threads merged - please try to keep all posts relevant to each claim in a single thread - thanks. :-)

Ok smart-arse... perhaps that might have been a better way to deal with it... smiley2.gif

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

I sent the preliminary approach for repayment template letter from here. Whats a DPA request????

I have all the statements so went throught them all one by one!!! The ones that they refunded I left out of it anyway.

It says on the letter about calling him directly if we are not happy about this or should I keep on writing to then its down on paper and not just words on the telephone.

If so what shall I put in the letter the last one I had the template! No good with the wording of things like this!!

Sorry for starting another thread!

Whats a DPA request????
Data Protection Act request...

I have all the statements so went throught them all one by one!!! The ones that they refunded I left out of it anyway.

They are just trying to distract you... If the 14 days you gave them in the prelim letter are up, then send the LBA... I wouldn't worry too much about acknowledging their letter.

It says on the letter about calling him directly if we are not happy about this or should I keep on writing to then its down on paper and not just words on the telephone.

Certainly if you're not completely confident with our arguments then written is the best way to keep it... Most people here generally advocate keeping it to letters anyway as then you have a record of exactly what has been discussed.

Sorry for starting another thread!

It's a common newbie mistake... It clearly demonstrates that you haven't read widely enough around the site !!!!! eusa_naughty.gif

Stephi - people on this site are only trying to help, and with over 20K users there is a lot of help required.

If someone, rightly, suggests that you need to look around and check the FAQs a bit more, it is only because this will give you a greater understanding of the processes involved.

Please don't take it personally - it is not intended to be a personal observation. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I wasn't taking it seriously!!! They were being cheeky and so was I. They put !!!! behind it and so did I! Don't take things so seriously, I didn't! I appricaite peoples help and thats why I said thank you

• 2 months later...

UPDATE......

Sent letter requesting the rest of the money and they wouldn't so I submitted it to the moneyclaim website and they have replied with some of the money refunded saying that they have calculated it and this is the amount which I know its not because I sat down and went through the statements and worked it all out. They refunded me intrest on it as well which I hadn't asked for anyway but didn't refund me the court fees.

There is still about £500 left which i really would like because its going towards are wedding!!!

Where do I go from here?

thanks in advance for your help.

You are the second person that this has happened to today with Nationwide. This is what I recommended to do:

Email Charles Bacons office asking him to send you a full breakdown of the charges that they have refunded you and advise that as this figure is considerably different to yours, you will not be advising the court that it is settled until you are satisfied that you have got back all unlawful charges.

ANd they HAVE to pay you your court costs.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

i have found the person with the SAME letter that I got!!!!! Word for word!!

So I have done the same as what she has. Is this for the charges refunds that they have refunded before I started claiming or the money they have refunded for these claims?

thank you for your help

You are asking for a breakdown of charges that they have sent you in relation to your moneyclaim. You want to know why it doesn't match up before you settle.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Well i emailed him and he still has not replied and a letter of account closure turned up today saying they will close the account in 30 days.

I am MAD!!!! I thought they would do this BUT i have not finished with them!!!!!!! They are closing 3 of are accounts.

they still owe me court fees and £500ish I have not signed anything to say I am happy nor have I settled it with the court.

I have done this letter that I got from here.

Dear Mr Sinclair,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxx

Further to your letter dated 8th August 2006.

I am willing to conduct my account according to your Flex Account terms and conditions; however I am unwilling to incur unlawful fees should I happen to breach those terms and conditions. If you say that your fees are lawful, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your true costs? Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.

In view of the above, should you wish to continue with your action to close my account on 6th September 2006, I would seriously consider applying to the courts for an injunction preventing you from taking such action until the case has been heard.

Yours sincerly..........

Do I put in that I am not happy with the amount they have refuned in this letter or enclose another letter. We also have a overdraft which needs paying back but I have no way of paying that back.