Please help The Consumer Action Group - Spread our link

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to a serious cash shortage we have had to cancel our Google adwords campaign.

We are doing very badly in the Google rankings. If you search on "Bank charges" at least the first two pages of hits belong to the banks' own sites.

Are you happy with this?

Many of the websites which link to us are linking to the forum. However to move up the Google ladder, they need to link to our home page at www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

If you have a website, it would be helpful to use the following code for your link:-

The Consumer Action Group - Reclaim your Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

Even if you change the text, please keep the words "bank charges" in it.

If you know a website which links to our forum or doesn't link at all, please could you contact the webmaster and suggest that they could link using the above code.

Finally, you can help spread the message by including the following message in your signature:-

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

The Consumer Action Group - Reclaim your Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

• Confused 1

No sooner said than done. I just copied it from your post and pasted into my signature, so it was no trouble at all.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm a moderator in a window cleaning forum, the biggest in the UK with over 6000 members; I've advertised this site twice so far, in that forum.

I'm also a member of a debt forum; and I've advertised this site there too; with the approval of the moderators there too.

I'm doing my best; the good boy I am!

This is an excellent site!

Data Protection Act sent to Barclays Bank 15 May 06.

Bank statements received 9 May 06. Owed £610 in charges and £31.96 in interest.

Prelim letter sent 15 Jun 06.

Letter Before Action sent 26 Jun 06.

Wow Tosh - I don't mean to be rude but I would never have dreamt that there was a window cleaning forum!

Vinegar and newspaper - that's my tip! :lol:

Sorry for going off the very important topic BF but I couldn't resist.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wow Tosh - I don't mean to be rude but I would never have dreamt that there was a window cleaning forum!

Vinegar and newspaper - that's my tip! :lol:

Sorry for going off the very important topic BF but I couldn't resist.

No problem; we're thick as planks us window cleaners; so I understand where you're comming from! Obviously us window cleaners can't be computer literate and participate in an on-line 'forum', because that uses 'words; spelling and stuff'.

You'd be surprised at what successful window cleaners earn.

Now stop being stupid and get on with the forum at hand.

Data Protection Act sent to Barclays Bank 15 May 06.

Bank statements received 9 May 06. Owed £610 in charges and £31.96 in interest.

Prelim letter sent 15 Jun 06.

Letter Before Action sent 26 Jun 06.

Ok I managed to get my signature character count down when adding the code by changing it to use tahoma as font...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Have pasted the links into my 'LINKS' page on me website.

Unfortunately I can't post the address on here 'cos it's a commercial site with my phone numbers on it and stuff but suffice to say, it's done.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

I just Googled bank charges to see how the site is doing there now. No sign of it, but Motley Fool was about second down so I clicked on there. There was an article by this guy who was passing on his "experiences". He did have several links to CAG which was good, and freely admitted to "adapting" some of the templates here.

All good you may think.

I was not impressed.

1. His DPA letter (drafted himself) made no mention of paying the £10 fee, and did not ask for information on manual interventions.

2. 18 days after his first article he writes another and apparently he has had so many emails in response to the first that he hasn't had time to buy a stamp for his adapted letter to the bank yet.

I am sure there were other things wrong too but I am no expert.

Luckily he has had time to solve the tricky issue of calculating interest on claims so we can all rest easy in our beds now.

I hope that CAG doesn't get its reputation tarnished by this kind of jumping on the band wagon.

Apparently his mum is a lawyer so he gets all his legal advice from her. Bless him.:mad:

Thought this might be useful to other people - I've been using this as my signature on other forums for a while now.

Edit: Nuts, trying to find a way to post it without it actually appearing 'as is'. Contains a transparent logo with the forum image and website address, and a text-link underneath to the forums.

[ URL=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk][ img]http://www.albumtown.com/data2/a0bdebcba6bfd6455d57296f88365b17/65326_p1018653.gif[/img][/url]

|[ URL=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/index.php][ COLOR=DarkOrange]CAG Forums[/color][/url]|

Remove the spaces before each open square bracket - "["

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

The biggest advice sector umbrella organisation- AdviceUK -will feature the link in their next Update with short summary on reclaiming unfair penalty charges. This goes to many hundreds of large and small advice providers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will be more than happy to include a link on my site but there are other ways that you could get useful incoming links to your site like submitting money articles to one of the many article directories such as http://www.articlecity.com and http://www.goarticles.com etc.

These sites are incredibly popular and will be used by 1000's of online publishers...each one of them containing your link. They also have a very high pr ranking as well.

Also, although you can't afford to use Adwords would it not be worth your while to install Adsense ads? I don't think I have seen any on the site, although they might be well hidden.

I will be giving you a donation as this site is an essential tool in beating the banks.

If I can lend any of my skills in any way please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Best wishes and thanks for all of your hard work.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted the link on car club forum..

We have 300 members and shed loads of registered users so will be keeping an eye on the results of that.

I know its only a little compared to the huge sites already mentioned, but every little helps:D

Hsbc...Data Protection Act letter sent 28/6, statements recieved 21/7

prelim letter sent 25/9......lba sent 16/10

MBNA.... Data Protection Act letter sent 26/9

Then going in for the rest!!!!!

I haven't got a website, but as a branch commitee member and trade group delegate of the T&GWU, I passed your site on to our commitee.We thinking about to print it in our next infos to our members across the UK.

Its the best I can do for this fantastic forum. At least we got some thousand members!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Have just added a blog (and a link) to a business web site with over 50,000 members.

Hope that helps!

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***

• 3 weeks later...

There is a forum called freecycle which enables members to list and obtain free items. It is a national thing that when you register you pick your town. I have placed an add today for the group on the Northampton site and have had responses already.

Mark

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have added the link which will appear at the bottom of every page on my website. Hope it helps.

Good luck to everyone!

Alliance & Leicester success! £3,325.74 paid in full 12/8/06 - claim started 8/6/06 settled in 2 months. :D

Nat West settled in full £1458.09 on 1/11/06

Thanks to you all for your help! :-)

A link appears at the bottom of every page of my website with thanks.

If one fotrunate person finds this site I will be so pleased - better than the theives on ebay who are SELLING the templates.

Welcome to The Mugwump for Hello Magazines 1988 to 2004 Command & Conquer Downloads Pokemon Roms

Alliance & Leicester success! £3,325.74 paid in full 12/8/06 - claim started 8/6/06 settled in 2 months. :D

Nat West settled in full £1458.09 on 1/11/06

Thanks to you all for your help! :-)

• 1 month later...

Just an idea. Im no expert but wouldnt it boost the ratings on google of every member opened the google search page and typed consumer action group. This would put the site at number 1 then link to it from there. Surely with all members doing that it would raise the site on googles ratings.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks