James33 -v- GE Money (Frasercard)

JAMES33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just starting a claim with GE Money for a Frasercard Account I have. I sent of a SAR on 6th February and yesterday received 3 years statements and notification that a GOGW "in full and final settlement" of £309 had been credited to my account. This just happens to be about what I owe on the card so intially I was rather pleased! After thinking about it though, I realised that as the account has been open since July 1994, I am missing about 9 1/2 years statements which I presume will add up to a great deal more money. I am composing a letter to them in which I want to reject their offer as full and final settlement and only accept as part payment, as per the template letter on here, I also want to give them 7 days notice to comply with the SAR before starting court proceedings against them for this and also to inform them that I will begin an estimated claim at court 14 days after the expiry of this notice for approximately £950. Does anyone else know if I can do all this in one letter and also whether I can claim for interest if it does get to the Court stage - any help will be very much appreciated!!!

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Why not - it saves a stamp! We have sucessfully claimed against GE Money (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/55863-son-steven4064-ge-money.html - not quite finished yet, but almost there). They did the same to us, sending most but not all of the statements. We sent in an initial letter with some charges estimated to cover the missing statements plus contractual interest. Iimmediately, they sent a cheque for the total minus the estimated charges and minus the interest.

We banked the cheque but accepted the amount as partial payment only. They responded with a cheque for the estimated charges. We banked that and accepted it as part payment only.

Finally we started a claim in the small claims court for the interest. they have now offered us that with conditions. We have accepted it only if they remove the conditions, otherwise the case goes on.

Their defence (which we agreed to an extended timescale for) is due today. We expect complete capitulation by the end of the week. Otherwise we go for judgement on the grounds that they have not filed a defence.

A long way of saying "keep at it"

Steven