Deposit taken due to flat mate!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was hoping someone here would be able to give me some advice!! I had a flat with 2 friends from uni. I left early and another guy who i knew though not that well moved in. I trusted him and said that i'd claim my deposit back from the letting agency one our lease expired in a few months from then as it made it easier for him and agency. He then skipped out without paying his last months rent and the agency has kept my deposit saying it is a matter between me and him and my responsibility to get in contact with him. Is this right? Any advice would be great as i really want to get this money back! More so for the fact that it feels like he has totally ripped me off! Thank for any help provided i really appreciate it! :oops:

in theory he owes you and you can pursue him for the debt. in practice; what is the evidence? what chances of locating him and then, even if you win your court case, of getting any money out of him.

Learn from it- I am sure you will not be so trustfull with your dosh again (and they say old people are bitter- but there you go, that's why, lol), draw the line under and move on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]