Me V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I thought it prudent to start a thread and say hello as I today posted off my preliminary letter, having already obtained the details of charges online.

For reference sake, I have a debit card account with Halifax and am 20 years old (I wonder if this makes me the youngest person to have undertaken this process?...who knows!).

I want to thank everyone on these forums who have produced the guides and answered common questions in other threads as the information has proven invaluable to me.

Thankfully I didn't have too many charges to trawl through, it was all over a certain period last year and after totting up my grand total is £340.00. By my estimation, this should mean that (if it gets to that stage and by all accounts it appears it will) when I fill out the N1 form I will be paying £50.00 fee, is that correct? Also if someone could just clarify to me what needs attaching and to whom that would be absolutely fantastic, thank you.

I've got myself a nice neat file with copies and certificates of postage etc. already and I've set up a separate account with another bank just in case. Out of interest, how quickly are they likely to close my account - should I start having my wages paid into my new account now do you think?

If anyone has any further advice that they can offer it would be much appreciated. Good luck to everyone with their ongoing claims, and fingers firmly crossed for an easy one for me! :)

i've already had £4600 out of them and am in court on 2nd may for £2000 contractual interest and they've not closed my account [yet] and this claims been going on since last aug, though it's good to have a parachute open just in case.

you should send a scedule of what your claiming with your prelim and lba

if your claiming contractual interest don't accept any part payments, but if your not you should get a pay out quite quickly

hope this helps and good luck :D

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Lovely, thank you :)

Wow go you! Good luck with your May date!

I've sent a schedule, yes, and I have my LBA printed out ready with another schedule, plus copies for me of course!

I'm not claiming contractural interest so yes fingers crossed it should be fairly quick!

Thanks for the advice :D

Hey enolar, i sent prelim to helifax on 29.3.07 and got an offer letter today ! quick phonecall thanking and rejecting the part refund and within minutes full amount offered and no need to do an lba or file, wishing you luck and a speedy resolution. I wish i'd learnt my lesson at 20 re charges :-( they didn't threaten to close my account or attach any conditions except a reminder that i'm liable for charges blah blah a leaflet on how they work etc etc. as always its safest to have another option just in case. good luck