CCJ help please - late filling in form and cannot afford what they want.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a CCJ letter, unfortunalty I was late filling it in due to it being in a pile of bills that I had not opened :(

I filled it in last week and sent it back, approx two weeks late. Today I have recieved a letter from the court saying I have to pay £87 per month. I do not have that, on the form I sent back I was offering £5 a month (Its Link).

What do I do? can I call the court and explain I was late sending it back and had put a £5 offer in, or do they stick with the one they have sent which I cannot pay and will lead to balifs ect

you could write to the court with a letter containing:

• you would like a re-determination of the rate of payment
  • why you want it (you cannot afford the current payments)
  • whether you would like a hearing
  • you'll need to include the parties, court reference, full name of applicant
  • attach a financial statement showing your offer

you can only have a re-determination if the original rate of payment was determined without a hearing. You need to write within 14 days.

you could also use a form called n244 to do this but from experience they usually prefer a letter as some courts get confused when they receive an n244 form without the fee.

If there was already a hearing for the determination you would need to apply for a variation, these cost £35 (or free if on low income) and the form is n245.

more info about doing this here:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 08 Reducing Payments Or Suspending A Bailiffs Warrant On A County Court Judgment

Im not sure that telling the court you was late filling it in because it was sitting amongst un-opened bills will help. If it wasnt send recorded delivery can you tell them you just didnt receive it in time. This might sway them.

Well, this one is really scaring me, have read a few posts on Link and am now scared. Going to have to read the paperwork they sent me back through now and see what my options are. So far all I can remember through the blur are see £65 quoted for appealing it. Going to have to find what the debt is and what my options are.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n245_0204.pdf

That might be what you need.

There is a fee 65(?) I think, but you can apply on line.

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

or

https://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/countycourtformsonline/Home.go

All the best.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

n245 is for a variation, the fee is £35

as i said earlier, you could have a re-determination if within 14 days, for free.

Sounds like a very good idea - but can we make the 14 day deadline.........:oops:

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I will be filling it all in tonight and posting on Monday. I am going to see if they will let me do it without the £35 payment as I just do not have the money to pay it. Half expecting HSBC c.card to take money off me. Do you know if my account is in the over draft, can they take my payment off me?

• 1 month later...

Well, did the re-determination and the court have accpeted my five pounds a month. Link have called twice and I ... yes me lol answered the phone. Getting good at that now, told them the court paper work should be with them soon and I am paying £5 a month. I will send payment and a letter asking them to confirm that interest will be stopped as it is under the amount that interest can be charged on and I look forward to a positive relationship with them over the rest of my lifetime :)

Just checked my bank account and they appear to have cashed the cheque. I had not replied in time so they had set the £87 themselves which was what I was asking them to reconsider. I was under that impression to with the interest, but I just want confirmation off them and regular statements.

Just wish I had found the site before it got to the court stage as I would have CCA'ed them and SAR'ed them. Oh well :(

I will be filling it all in tonight and posting on Monday. I am going to see if they will let me do it without the £35 payment as I just do not have the money to pay it. Half expecting HSBC c.card to take money off me. Do you know if my account is in the over draft, can they take my payment off me?

If you have debt with your current account bank ( loan, credit card, overdraft ) I would recommend you move banks ASAP to somewhere you don't owe money. Your bank has something called the first right of offset against your funds so e.g. they can take their credit card payment even if it means bouncing a rent DD.

If you have probs with your credit ref. file you should be asking for a Basic Bank account - lots of the big names offer these and you shouldn't be credit checked although ( certainly from what Yaffsimone has told me ) some of them are doing this. If there's a specific bank you would consider going to let me know & I can check if they do offer a BBA.