Just starting - bit nervous!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, hit a few problems, day after I filed my claim I went on holiday, and it's all been sent back as I sent the wrong fee! (Idiot). And now I've also received a letter from the alliance going on about a test case which means they can suspend court cases until this test case has been finished. What now? Are they bluffing or is this true? Thanks for your help everyone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately not.

If you go to the general section you will see several threads about this and there is also a sticky thread in Alliance and leicester section.

It is pot luck as to whether your court is going ahead with the stays or not.

If you get an official letter from the court you have to file a N244 to try and have lifted.

It is up to the courts not the banks as to what happens next.

Jan OFT Test case what this means for you

Find out here if your local court is staying claims

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I have been thinking, shall I just file at court anyway?I'm thinking that if I don't bother I wont get the interest of 50p per day, so I just file then wait for the court to come back to me to sort it out when this test case is over? Otherwise I will miss out on interest will I not? Does this make sense?

I think the general advice is to carry on at the moment - but it would be a good time to amend your POC to the one above in the sticky section - as it has been updated.

It will probably be stayed - depending on your court - but at least you will be top of the pile.

What is your court doing atthe moment on the list? Hearing or staying?

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 months later...

Hi

Olivers mummy

Basically hardly any attempts at lifting the stays have worked - even in hardship cases - the courts seem to be under strict instructions not to open the floodgates by letting a case succeed.

On A&L the only good news was one hardship case winning through the FOS .

Other than that deadly quiet - even Squarebob is on our thread in the bear garden

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm looking through the site often still but still unsure what to do!!! My local court is putting stays on all cases but still I don't know whether to just file anyway to get on the waiting list. Does anyone know where I can find any info on what's happening with the test case? Is it clear whether or not I should still continue with my claim? They are still taking from me and I can't get out of the spiral!!!