Tia vs HSBC

Tiannak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Just starting my claim today, I have opened my parchute accounts and have just calculated my charges using online statements. I am going to send my Preliminary Request for Refund Letter today.

One question, when i researched this site, this is the only reference i could find to using online statements - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=7 (see end of paragraph 2)

which paragraph am i adding to the letter ??

I am hoping to send the letter with charge spreadsheet today - and statements if necessary.

Thanks

Tia

hi tia

welcome to the forum. you don't send statements (or copies) when you ask for your money back - just a nice tidy spreadsheet. also you don't show the column with the 8% interest.

so you need a list showing date of charge, description of charge ie card misuse, total charges etc and the amount.

just send the prelim letter - no need to send a SAR request as you already have your statements.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

thanks nettyg, much appreciated.

Just one more question, slightly confused - why do we not show the 8% column, but do put the amount of interest in the letter?

you don't put the 8% statutory interest figure in the letter. The only time you will need this figure is when you file your claim at court.

when the letter say i calculate you have taken from me xxxx in charges and xxx in overdraft interest - that is a completely different kind of interest than the 8% figured on the simple spreadsheet and added on at the court claim stage - just delete the "and xxx in o/d int."