Sanand Vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how you get on with it.

(thanx 4 the click :D )

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Still heard nothing so I rang royal mail who confirmed delivery of sar was 29/03/2007, so I rang halifax on 08457203040 to be told they had probably lost it and the best thing to do would be to cancel the cheque and start all over again!!!!!!! I dont think so!! Then rang 01422333880, a number I found on this site and spoke to a lady called Alison Howarth who told me that she would look into it and phone me tomorrow. Fingers crossed:(

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Hi sanand. Try sending a reminder enclosing your original SAR. Explain to them that have untl the 9th to respond. don;t forget to send it recorded delivery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

40 days up now and still no response from halifax, they havnt even cashed my cheque so phoned customer relations today, was on phone for an hour and a half to be told that they would send a list of all my charges. I explained that I really wanted statements not a list and he said that I would get them eventually but it could take a while because they are snowed under with requests. Really at a loss as to what to do now, would appreciate any advice.

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Hi sanand,

Send off a data protection act non-compliance letter to them. They are found in the bank templates library.

Flopper

• Haha 1

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Hi, Sanand

My brother is at exactly same stage as you. He has been trying to get his statements and has sent letters, telephoned - only to be tole same as you. Only diff is they cashed his cheque on the 7th April. Still no statements!! Can only suggest you keep ringing them - he has been ringing every few days.

Not much help I know, but at a loss at what to suggest next - Like you he is getting really peed off. He sent his SAR a week after me and I filed proceedings on the 1st May!!

Keep your chin up.

Thanks for that scottiepoll, ive been feeling really disheartened this week but it does make you feel better knowing that other people are having exactly the same problem. Keep you posted!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!! Just got in from work to find 40 envelopes from halifax waiting for me. Im soooo excited, im off now to count up all the charges!! Thanks to everyone for all the support over the last few weeks:D

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Make sure you double check as it is so easy to miss a few.

Have fun...:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I have checked and checked and checked again and the grand total of all the charges is 2977.00!!! Prelim off tomorrow, special delivery, keep you posted:D

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...

Dont believe the Halifax, my hubby has a standing order for a pound and there was 69p in his account. They have refused to pay standing order and given him a 39 pound charge instead! Me thinks I am going to send a prelim letter to them.

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Ive been following your thread Tilly, so glad you got your money, you must have felt like crying and giving up sometimes, this claim is all I can think about, I think im driving my hubby daft! Dreading starting the court process, you think you are going to be 'THE ONE' that loses!!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

yes i did but so glad i didnt it does get stressfull at times and you do get days when you think oh god i couldnt face court but without everybody here i probably wouldnt have even gone that far but honest you will be fine every step of the way good luck

You're not alone in your fears Sanand, oh no!

We all have days where we think we are going nuts and worry we are not able to go through this.

It does help having folks here on the forum to vent to and encourage us to carry on. I wanted to give it all up last week, I was petrified of going to court.

I will get a court buddy if mine goes to court or some kind of handhold.

You will be just fine, when things get stressful have a moan or a rant on your thread and someone will support you. We are all in the same boat, so hang on in there ok. :) I was so bad last week I sat in here all night reading everything I could so I could prepare myself, trouble is, I understand none of it :D

• Haha 1