KM_S v Capital One ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We attended court on the 21st, Cap 1 asked for a set aside which I objected to. Cap 1 objected to CCI and said they had sent a cheque for the claim + stat. I explained if they had sent the cheque earlier we would not be here (and that the cheque has seemed to have been lost between banks). The judge asked if we woulde accept the stat interest and we said yes but it would also have to include the £55 fees for warrent. Cap 1 solicitor said he would have to get clearance from his clients so we adjourned for 45 mins. Guess what the solicitor was not able to get hold of cap 1 legal dept, and had to apologise to the judge. The solicitor agreed to the fees and asked for 3 weeks to pay---- I explained that it does not take 3 weeks to write cheque and the judge agreed in fact she wanted to make them pay there and then but gave them 2 weeks. Suprise suprise 2 weeks later and still no cheque.

Will these people ever learn.

Cap One are a shambles, they havent returned their AQ to the court yet on my case an it was due on 6th August. Unfortunately the court is facing a backlog so it won't go into a judge for a couple more weeks.

Cap Ones defence was also a cut and paste template from another case, saying they had paid in full.

They hadn't, and all the amounts they quoted (even original) figures were wrong. They had cut and paste from another defence and forgot to change the numbers.

I phoned Cap One to tell them their defence was nonsense, the woman agreed and asked what I would settle for. I said I'd take their offer of stat but it MUST include the default removal and it must add up correctly, which it didnt on their once again cut and pasted letter. She said that would be no problem and they'd sort it out. that was nearly a month ago.