PPI Insurance on loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone hope someone can help?

I took out a loan with my bank and they added PPI insurance on the loan without giving me the option not to take it. It inflated the loan dramatically. I saw an article on PPI and wrote to my bank to ask them to cancel the PPI as I believed it was mis-sold to me as I was never told it was optional. The bank have been in touch and told me I can cancel the PPI, but I must take another loan out. They will refund part of the PPI but this will be deducted off the original loan. I can then take a new loan out with no PPI, (this time I was told I had the option), but because the interest rate is higher now, I will owe them more than in the first place! Can I not just cancel the PPI as it was mis-sold and keep the loan at the interest rate it was when I took it out? Any advice would be a great help?

PS I am also reclaiming my bank charges. The bank sent my £10 cheque back saying the statements would be free of charge!